3. Viking Kara
Even with knee replacements my rheumatoid arthritis slows me down a bit, so I took my cousin's advice to travel Europe with a river cruise. Traveling on the Viking Kara was far more comfortable than I imagined. I didn't feel nearly the pressure to walk and walk to see the sites because I could sit on deck and see so much. At each stop we could either walk into town or Viking provided buses to enable us to see the sites. There were only two opportunities to explore that felt a little too daunting to go the distance. We had an elevator to access our room, and the stairs up to the upper observation deck were very doable. The bathroom was also very easy to manage with flexible faucets, ease of use of the shower, commode, etc. I was a little concerned that moving on water might be hard for me to keep my balance. But the river travel was so very smooth that I could hardly tell when we started, stopped or were moving along. I can't say enough about the wonderful service and meals. Every day we felt so pampered. The included side trips immersed us in the beauty and culture of the area. And we highly recommend the optional trip to the cheese-making dairy farm and the authentic German beer garten dinner. All the on-board talks were informative and well illustrated with slide decks. Our favorite part of the cruise was to sit on the fore-deck after dinner with our wine glasses and watch the sunset. While the beautiful scenery slid past we visited with our friends and enjoyed the occasional adventure of navigating the locks. With the optional trip to Lucerne at the end of our journey we felt like our 40th wedding anniversary couldn't have been better. Thank you Viking Kara!

Terrific way to travel with limited mobility

Viking Kara Cruise Review by I♥cruising

• Sail Date: July 2017
  • Destination: Europe
  • Cabin Type: Veranda Stateroom

I♥cruising’s Full Rating Summary
Get Viking Kara price drops

Veranda Stateroom
Cabin B 201
With limited mobility it was very nice to be close to the lobby and deck entrance. Our bed were very comfortable and the bath was surprising manageable. We didn't watch much TV but it was nice to catch the news on the big screen while we were changing and watch a Beatles documentary while we packed. We pulled out of Cologne at night and one of my best memories was sitting on the veranda watching the lights slide by. Beautiful!
Middle Deck Balcony Cabins