3. Norwegian Getaway
We chose Norwegian because we always cruised on Carnival and wanted a change of pace. Embarkation was a total nightmare, and getting wheel chair assistance was an absurd venture. I finally wrangled an employee and forced the issue to my satisfaction. Lines were not being controlled by staff which caused chaos. my wife got into a verbal argument with other passengers that were trying to "muscle" their way ahead...and this was on the "special assistance line"...LOL Food was good but mundane. Selections at all the restaurants were about the same with a bit of variance. Specialty restaurants were average. the service was slow at ALL the restaurants and at times we had to beg for water or coffee. The only place worth a second look was Cagneys, where the food and service were great. Excursions were OK, but expensive. Events on the ship requiring reservations were always booked full, so we had to go on standby. it worked out for us...but we didn't know how to make reservations, and it wasn't clear on any of the documents I saw. Had we not gotten in, I would have been more than pissed. The shops were stupid expensive to the point of absurdity. A $5 selfie stick was selling for $19.95....So I passed.... Crew was generally pretty happy and smiling. So that was nice. Overall, a good cruise, but it could've been GREAT with a few minor revisions.

GETAWAY!

videoscenes’s Full Rating Summary
Get Norwegian Getaway price drops

Large Balcony Stateroom
Cabin B6 1092
We had a "special needs" cabin that was indeed spacious, and well equipped. It had sliding doors to the balcony with a double bed.
Deck 9 Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins