3. Star Pride
My husband & I took a back-to-back Windstar cruise sailing from Lisbon to Barcelona & Barcelona to Rome. We loved the 200 passenger ship for its intimacy, its room to breathe without being surrounded by 1000s all the time & its list of passengers from all over the world. Our cabin was wonderful - roomy with a curtain separating the large screen TV/reading lounge from the sleeping area, a walk-in closet, a sparkling well equipped bathroom, a bar console, ample storage/writing space & a wall window (not that we spent much time gazing out of it). Embarkation had minor delays, luggage delivery & disembarkation very smooth. The food - in the Veranda breakfast/lunch deck & the main Dining Room - was excellent & sophisticated & the service was impeccable. Ditto for the cabin stewards who went out of their way to accommodate requests & wishes (often unexpressed !!). Seating was open at dinner & we had a lot of interesting dinners by asking to be seated with other guests & offering to share our table with them, too. Although the setting was fairly formal, the atmosphere was not, due to the senses of humor of the 2 maitre d's who were lively & solicitous at the same time. Since I was coughing & sneezing at night, I didn't have much a chance to sample the entertainment but my husband did & loved it. There are several areas with live music, drinking & dancing where my hubby outdid himself singing karaoke & dancing with women with stationery husbands. My big regret is not feeling well enough to see all of this person but the staff & other guests regaled me with the stories. We've usually found the ships' shore excursions to be about average & only took one on the entire cruise. I had booked private tours in every port & thought they were absolutely fabulous, living up (with one exception) to all our expectations. I would highly recommend future guests to do the same - I used ToursByLocals &NotJustATourist & did a lot of reviewing before booking them. I'd also recommend spending extra days if you can exploring the departure & arrival cities as it provides a fascinating way to start & end a cruise. The one big negative for us was the itinerary on the second half of our cruise. My husband chose it as it extended our original cruise in the right time frame but we were disappointed by Windstar's choices, namely, 3 stops on the islands of Corsica & Elba as well as the Algarve of Portugal. Perhaps it was not possible but, looking at a map, there were a number of destinations that seemed a lot more appealing. We WOULD sail on Windstar again but make shore that (most of) the ports were places on our bucket list.

Loved the ship & the crew but not the destinations

Star Pride Cruise Review by LovesCoffee

• Sail Date: April 2018
  • Destination: Mediterranean
  • Cabin Type: Ocean View Suite

Embarkation had minor delays, luggage delivery & disembarkation very smooth.

LovesCoffee’s Full Rating Summary