3. Explorer of the Seas
First time and only time on RCI. It was just a complete disappointment. This was a 50th Anniversary cruise for my parents and we had a party of 13 on board. I wish I would have booked us on a different line. The Explorer is a beautiful ship. The Ice Show is great. I enjoyed the Royal Promenade area. It is a shame such a nice ship is wasted on such a terrible experience. My cabin was dirty, smelly and my bed was hard as a rock. I cleaned the cabin myself with hand wipes I brought. My bathroom was disgusting. It literally smelled as if someone had peed all over the walls. I asked for it to be cleaned 3x and finally gave up and cleaned up the urine I found under the seat myself. The food was not great. The Windjammer was just ok. The MDR was good but the service was incredibly slow. We had photos taken one evening and asked them to hold our table. We were told no problem. We got to the MDR and our tables were given away. The coffee in the MDR was cold and not drinkable. I got one decent cup of coffee at 6:30am in the Windjammer. There was no formal night. We like many just went a head and made our own formal night and dressed up. There was no pool side band or anything like that. Nothing very fun or festive. It was just weird. I hated the staff walking around with signs trying to up sell reservations to their specialty restaurants. In conclusion it was just not what I had hoped for. My parents were troopers and said they had a great time so I guess that makes it okay. I am sad my husband took a week off work and wasted his vacation time to sail with them when we could have sailed with someone else.

Not Good!

Explorer of the Seas Cruise Review by socal mommy

First time and only time on RCI. It was just a complete disappointment.

socal mommy’s Full Rating Summary
Ages Under 3
Ages 3 to 6
Get Royal Caribbean Explorer of the Seas price drops

Interior
Cabin 4V 9517
My cabin was dirty, smelly and extremely uncomfortable. My bed felt as if I was sleeping on the floor it literally hurt to sleep on it. When I say dirty I mean literally. There was dirt on my phone and TV. The mirror had hand prints and some mystery substance was smeared on the cabinetry. My bathroom smelled as if someone let loose all over the walls. I asked three times for it to be cleaned and was told that urine gets up under the bowl and it could not be helped. I lifted the seat, found old dried urine and cleaned it myself. Miraculously the smell disappeared. I cleaned with sanitizing wipes the phone, the tv, the cabinets and the toilet. I did not have any windex so the mirror never got cleaned.
Deck 10 Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins