3. Ruby Princess
We have cruised with princess before and this experience was just okay. The rooms were clean but a bit a dated and were fine except for the sewage smell that seemed to permeate not only in our room but in parts of the ship. It was not pleasant to say the least. I see other reviews that mention this so this seems to be a ship wide issue. The dining room service and food was very good but buffet was terrible. Tables were never clean and food was bland and some of the fruit and salad served was rotten. Entertainment was pretty decent. However, this ship is geared toward an older crowd so the shows may not be entertaining for a younger audience. Overall, I felt service was just okay and not up to par with previous cruises. Some employees did not seem very attentive. When I was at the buffet there were no utensils at the table where I sat and no one stopped by, so I asked one of the waiters if he could give me some. He rudely shoved the utensils he was holding and said “take them all”. And then when we were disembarking I saw one of the employees being very rude and rushing a woman in a wheelchair to exit and he was laughing and making fun of the situation with another employee. I believe the man from the buffet was a lead waiter and the employee working on disembarkation was an assistant cruise director. Not a good sign when people in leadership positions are setting such a poor example. I never had anything like this happen with previous cruises. The cruise was just okay. I feel like it didn’t live up to previous experiences with princess. Several reviews mention that this cruise was different from their other experiences with princess so it might just be a fluke.

Sewage smell, average service

Ruby Princess Cruise Review by Swan233

• Sail Date: May 2018
  • Destination: Alaska

Swan233’s Full Rating Summary
Get Ruby Princess price drops

• Whale Watching
    We went with a small operator that chose to continue the tour even though it was rainy, windy, and the water was extremely choppy. They chose to use a larger boat but it was still very small and could not withstand the waves. Two people in my party got sick and operator would not turn back until one of them almost passed out. All of us have been on speedboats before and never experienced motion sickness. When we talked to other people who went whale watching, even people who were on much larger boats got sick. Very poor decision to go out on the water on a day with such bad weather on the tiniest boat on the water. Gave an extra star because they redunded us without us asking but it ruined our day because we felt so sick after. If you book a whale watching tour beware that it really is an all weather tour.
    View All 843 Whale Watching Reviews