3. Carnival Spirit
I choose this cruise because I love The Carnival Spirit and I loved the ports and duration of the cruise. 19 Nights From the moment we boarded it felt like coming home. We had cabin 5197 which I must say I'd never choose again unless I wanted an adjoining cabin.The cabin itself and balcony were fantastic, but I did find extra noise (mainly blaring TV or constant blowing of noses from adjoining room) and light from the adjoining cabin was a nuisance. Aside from that the position was the best. so close to the elevators. a quick jump down to atrium bar for a drink or upto lido for a snack. central to everything onboard. Deck 5 is also great for accessing the O2 15 to 17 yo club as it's on the same level at the front of the ship. We did both Chefs Table and Nouveau under the stars. I've done Chefs table in the past and although visiting the galley is great it was loudish and made it hard to hear Chef Vincent talk about each dish. I was underwhelmed by Nouveau under the stars. our waitress didn't seem to understand us very well. and when paying extra for the experience you expect a little more for the experience. We were told no we couldn't have more than 1 vegetable side and you pay extra to have wine with dinner but didn't serve anything I liked. which was very sad. Ports..... Airlie Beach we just did some shopping as we've been here before. Darwin we did the Hop on and Off Bus and looked around the main centre. I wish we had of known we could of had longer in port than after we had returned to the ship as we left over 3 hours later than expected. And also known about the free bus to Casuarina as this wasn't very well advertised and there isn't many shops in downtown Darwin. Bali we arrived at the Port of Benoa and after helping a friend who's husband was medically evacuated off the ship here we caught a Taxi into Kuta for the day. After a bit of bartering a stop off into Kuta McDonald's where my son got a behind the scene tour and we walk along the beach road we stopped off for a beverage at a local pub a foot massage hair braiding and a bit more bartering it was time to head back to port for our return tender. Ho Chi Minh. Phu My port. we opted for a 2 day tour here with Stephen from MY WAY TRAVEL. having already organized transfers and accommodation we met out tour guide at our hotel in Ho Chi Minh. Our transfer driver didnt speak any English into Ho Chi Minh but was a safe and reliable driver. We were dropped off at Prague Hotel. Here we met our guide for the next 2 days. Our guide spoke very good English and was extremely knowledgeable. We did a 2 day tour visiting the Vinh Trang My Tho Temple and buddhas The Mekong Delta river and estuary via boat and Hand rowed Sampan. We visited an island where they made coconut lollies and went on a horse and carriage ride through the village. We had lunch at the Nhà Hàng Mekong rest stop in Tiên Giang. Lunch was a traditional Vietnamese lunch. on day 2 we met our tour guide at our hotel at 8am from here we visited the War Remnants Museum the Reunification Palace, The French inspired Architectural post office, Cathedral and a final stop off at the Ben Tranh Markets. Prague hotel is in a great spot very central to everything in District 1. tables and chairs lined the street with eateries and drinks available everywhere. At night it all really comes to life with plenty of places within 50 meters of the hotel to visit. Well worth a visit but next time will stay longer. Koh Samui. We pre organized a tour with Stephen from My way Travels again. The tour guide wasn't easy to spot and I ended up sending everyone to the end of the pier to wait while I tracked him down. I must say we wasted a good hour and a half just at the port. We visited temples elephants monkeys and the grandfather and Grandmother Rocks before lunch. We unfortunately missed the end of our tour which was the shopping and looking around in Nathon. This was disappointing for me. Singapore. OMG how clean green and beautiful is this city. We stayed at Destination Singapore Hotel Beach Road. The pool on the top of the hotel is amazing. and too much time was wasted here on day one. We walked to Suntec City and Marina Square and visited little india for dinner arriving by Taxi and having a walk around. The Moustafa Centre is a sight to be seen. Although I'd never visit again it was worth seeing once. They have everything here one big multi level building. Day 2 saw us head to Sentosa via MRT and the Monorail to Universal studios. After a jammed packed day here we left and went to Gardens by the bay to watch the light show. It is amazing and a must not miss show when in Singapore. Then it was of too Bugis Street in a Taxi. We walked around the markets caught up with some friends from the ship and had a bite to eat. Day 3 and our last day in Singapore. We got up early and took the Hop on and Off bus from Suntec around Singapore (Blue line) then went back to the hotel to check out (late check out 2pm) jumping back on the hop on and off bus (red line) upto bugis street and revisiting the Markets and a last look around before heading back to the hotel for our luggage and heading to the airport. After it is all said and done I love Carnival I love Carnival Spirit and the team onboard and cant wait till I'm able to board again one day. I'm hoping carnival do more long cruises in the future as it was 19 nights of bliss.

Best Cruise Ever

Carnival Spirit Cruise Review by Kazza_71

• Sail Date: May 2018
  • Destination: Asia
  • Cabin Type: Balcony

Ports.....

Airlie Beach we just did some shopping as we've been here before.

Kazza_71’s Full Rating Summary
Ages 16+
Get Carnival Spirit price drops

Balcony
Cabin 8C 5197
This cabin adjoins cabin 5195. if you dont need adjoining cabins I'd suggest a similar one nearby as the location was fantastic. I just didnt like hearing the neighboring Tv blaring or there blowing of their noses all the time. Friends had 5199 we opened our balcony divider which was fantastic. There cabin was alot quieter with no neighbors noises.
Empress Deck Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins