3. Celebrity Reflection
This trip marked 31 nights this calendar year in suites with Celebrity so, if nothing else, I've got Luminae's menus committed to memory! First the good, and there's quite a bit of good here! The ship is in fantastic shape. The crew, excluding officers, are stellar. Seriously, similar to the Summit, this ship is filled with folks who are welcoming and willing to go above and beyond to make one's vacation a terrific experience. When I learned that Al Bacio didn't stock my favorite Al Bacio dessert, a simple inquiry to the MC concierge as to how things differ among ships led to a full size tart in my cabin two days later. Another positive is that in general there's enough space on board to forget just how many fellow vacationers share the ship.An unfortunate exception would be the cramped Michael's Club. In general the food was fantastic. The buffet put out terrifically fresh, tasty and varied dishes. Late afternoon/early evenings in the Persian Garden, and by and large around the pools, it was possible to feel as though one were traveling alone. And this PG is pretty fabulous. From sauna to ice-room to heated benches, it's a great place for relaxing, and a super spot from which to enjoy sail-a-ways. And now the not so great: The officers--I'm not one who needs to chat up the captain by any stretch of the imagination, but I've never before encountered so many instances where a white outfit seemed to ensure a lack of common courtesy such as saying "pardon me" when pushing past or at least nodding on a elevator when greeted. The cruise director-- I don't generally pay much attention to this role, but this fellow and his socks went beyond the pail in obnoxiousness--the slide show of embarrassing pictures of other people gleaned from his internet surfing ought to be enough for RCI management to disavow association with him. To the extent that he is responsible for the poor entertainment bookings and use of venues on board he also scores low marks in my book. Entertainment-- I generally miss shows(using that time for pool and spa), but just having enjoyed a few of the performers on the Summit, thought I'd give some a try here. Big mistake. Whoever is in charge of sound on the Reflection is either deaf or incompetent. Every performer was so over amplified that ear plugs were required. As I left a particularly weak male solo show, in a pretty empty auditorium, I discovered that the cognoscenti had wisely gathered in seats several feet outside the theater, where the sound was far less thunderous. Amazingly one of the worst performances was the ship's singers' "intimate cabaret" night . For some reason a couple of the troupe thought it a good time for trying out pieces that are outside of their ranges. 11 nights is a long time, with plenty of opportunity for entertainment, thus I wonder why only one comedian? and why such a dud? While he had some pretty good physical comedy, this guy's material sounded as though lifted from a VCR he'd found in his parent's house--jokes about the gps voice, and "did you pack your bags yourself," were pretty good when first done a decade and a half or so ago. The "suite life"--Several missteps here on this trip. While individual servers in Luminae were terrific, something wasn't right all trip--several evenings the entire server team disappeared for confabs which left tables unserved while giggles could be heard from behind the serving stations. Michael's was so small that one loud conversation made the whole space too noisy. ( and while i understand that some folks deal with hearing challenges, I do mind them leaning as far away as possible from their conversation companions and proceeding to yell at them.) Finally embarkation was, as I am coming to expect from Celebrity, a cluster. It was just after schlepping my bags out of the required shuttle bus and finally finding the mis-turned suites sign when, seeking out a working pen for the paper work that had just been shoved at me that I realized I might not be as cut out for mass market cruising as I'd thought. Celebrity seems to think it doesn't really have to pay attention to the opening experience, and given its success, apparently it doesn't. But this trip I cancelled a couple of upcoming trips with them and substituted one on Aza and one on ultra tiny SD1. I'm not "abandoning "the CC ship, but I am giving it a rest until some of the ships come out of drydock next year. In the meantime we'll see what life is like in some other pastures.

Not at all bad, but has me exploring other lines

Celebrity Reflection Cruise Review by cmhdoogalsatsea

First the good, and there's quite a bit of good here!

And now the not so great:

cmhdoogalsatsea’s Full Rating Summary
Get Celebrity Reflection price drops

Sky Suite
Cabin S1 2108
This was a spur of the moment booking and no more aft S1s were available. Everything in the suite is in great shape although it was missing an easy chair as is found on millennium ships. My other solstice travels have been in CS so not sure if that's something true of all SSs on the larger vessels.
The balcony is a bit larger because of the angle, but the wind/noise from being so far forward combined with the overhang to make it not especially pleasant. Because I'm a dedicated balcony user this is enough of a problem to make me unlikely to book the room again.
On the evening that the Cruise Director had booked the silent disco for the solarium, there was substantial and intrusive noise in the cabin;otherwise we didn't hear anything.

This cabin is just two doors away from the Fitness Center. As such, it would be the perfect room for 3 or 4 to share-- the rarely used and super clean locker rooms providing a second shower/toilet space.
Resort Deck Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins