3. Diamond Princess
To start we only did the first 7 days of the itinerary listed above. We started in Kobe then went to Kochi, Hiroshima, Beppu, Kagoshima, and Busan. We initially chose this cruise because it went to Hiroshima which is a port we wanted to go to, but the port that I loved most was Busan. It was such an amazing city and there was even a port festival going on while we were in port and it included fireworks. What a special surprise! We had a mini suite which allowed us to spread out in our cabin, but I'm not sure it was worth the upgrade amount that we paid. One great thing that I loved was that there were so many movies that were available in the stateroom on-demand. They were completely free and there was a great selection. Overall the ship was largely the same as other princess ships I have been on and the food was the same, although there were great Asian touches in food and entertainment that catered to Japanese tastes. Overall this was a great introduction to a part of Japan and South Korea that I have never been to before. It makes me want to go back and explore more. The only downside was that there was only 1 sea day. I usually like a number of sea days so that I can use the amenities offered on the ship and can relax without feeling like I'm missing out on anything on shore.

Great intro to southern Japan and Busan!

Diamond Princess Cruise Review by pnako06