3. Grandeur of the Seas
We chose this cruise for timing (dates 19-24 May) & availability out of Baltimore which is an hour away. The check in procedure was well organized and easy. They have this process down pat. The food on the Grandeur OTS was poor/very disappointing. The meals were barely tolerable; three meals were so disgusting I could not eat them. The food service at my work provides better quality food (and that is just an ordinary cafeteria). The first bad meal was linguini and carbonara sauce w bacon - the over cooked pasta was mush. Tried two bites and I put down the fork. With hope in my heart, I agreed to an upscale ($35 per person) brunch of lobster/filet mignon on day three. A brunch which turned out to be a buffet. The lobster was previously cooked & reheated. The lobster was the consistency of rubber w little flavor. Every single filet was over cooked & dried out. The desserts were tasty (I think they are prepared off ship). The sparkling wine and mimosas were pretty good too. Could it get worse? Yes! The worst meal was a turkey plate (I know I should not have ordered it but other selections we're poor). The top slice appeared ok but underneath was a slice of some conglomeration of turkey parts w connective tissues. It looked awful. The purported "stuffing" was gummy and distasteful. Not sure what they put in it. The sweet potato was decent. Cranberry sauce was watery. Ugh! My husband said 'Sizzler' was 4-Stars compared to the strip steak he got at that same dinner. My husband found a grill on the pool deck (limited hours) that offered a three-cheese grilled sandwich which was esceptionally good. Thank heavens for those grilled cheese sandwiches! The on board Starbucks was just like a regular Starbucks -- great iced mocha coffees. The onboard experience was okay. The had many music events in the central area that were entertaining but nothing like a real show. The classical strings performance was particularly good. Some music 'events' were just too hokey (almost silly) and of limited interest. A major problem was that the musicians had to compete with the chatter and significant noise from the adjacent bar which was very distracting. During this cruise, two stand up comedians performed in the theatre (we attended three shows) but neither were quite ready for prime time. There was lots of time to go out and enjoy the sea air on the promenade deck for a walk or grabbing a chair for an unscheduled nap. The smoke-filled casino was down right nasty. We avoided it at all costs. The bar service was mediocre. The servers were all pleasant and tried very hard but frequently they were overwhelmed (staffing seemed inadequate) and service was usually slow. The cabin was clean but initially seemed hot and stuffy. Upon calling it in, turns out that a fan unit malfunctioned affecting several other cabins also. They repaired it promptly and the air flow/cooling situation was resolved. The bed was tolerable but did not provide restful sleep. Cabin service was excellent. All requests were immediately responded to. Our cabin attendant was very hard working and exceptionally pleasant. He made sure to learn our names and warmly greeted us through out the day. I worried that he seemed to work 24 hours a day. I asked for assistance with shore excursions but RC could offer nothing. We were left to our own devices and we had a great visit in Bermuda going to the beach twice and seeing most of the island on our own. I don't know how Royal Caribbean (RC) Cruise Lines expects to have people come back with such poor food. Many people on this cruise w Grandeur OTS were openly stating and complaining how horrible the food was. I can say "never again on RC" for me. Overpriced and pathetic food; absolutely no value for the money paid. :( The upside was that Bermuda was spectacular. Can't wait to get back to Bermuda (by air thank you!!!). SLH

Very disappointing on Grandeur OTS by Royal Caribbean to Bermuda

Grandeur of the Seas Cruise Review by JerynSly

• Sail Date: May 2018
  • Destination: Bermuda
  • Cabin Type: Ocean View Suite (No Balcony)

The smoke-filled casino was down right nasty. We avoided it at all costs.

SLH
JerynSly’s Full Rating Summary
Get Royal Caribbean Grandeur of the Seas price drops

Ocean View Suite (No Balcony)
Cabin VO 2536
As expected, small w ocean view (window) but clean and comfortable. The mattress was tolerable but did not provide restful sleep. Attending staff were excellent and helpful.
Deck 8 Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Suite Cabins