3. Anthem of the Seas
My sister and I, both first time cruisers, went to Bermuda May 12th on Anthem of the Seas. We drove 3 1/2 hours to Cape Liberty from where we live in N/E PA. The embarkation process is very easy and the port staff were super helpful and polite. Marisol checked us in and she was lovely!!! The ship was truly beautiful. The only complaint I can say about the decor was every elevator, which had a cute animal picture, had been defaced. One would think security would have isolated the "vandals" and replaced the pictures. Better still, replace them and put them under glass like all the other beautiful artwork displayed on the ship. Our cabin was an interior with the virtual balcony. The room was small. And despite the ship being only a couple years old, the carpet had a repair spot and there were several blemishes to the furniture and walls. The room was also quite warm. The A/C's lowest setting was 68 degrees. The first night, my sister did not sleep due to being too warm. After waiting in line at guest services for 1/2 hour the next day, a fan was brought to our room which at least made sleeping in a warm room bearable. Our stateroom attendant was Donovan. He was friendly and was very respectful of our personal items. We purchased the Ultimate Dining Package for all 5 nights of our cruise. We also received 2 lunches which were included with the package. We ate at Wonderland the first night. The decor and service were fun. The food though had many hits and misses. We loved the shrimp with a nest, the terrior of beef, and the sphere of chocolate. The rest of the dishes we would gladly not eat again. We ate one lunch and one dinner at Jamie's Italian. The meat plank and bread basket were enjoyable. I really enjoyed the pasta dishes, though my sister felt the pasta was over cooked in hers. Our waiters were Gandadhar and Denry. Both were very attentive and gave us excellent service. We ate our second lunch at Johnny Rockets. I have to say I wished I skipped this one. We waited in line forever to order and to get a table, then found the burgers to be dry. Our last 3 dinners we ate at Chops Grille. The atmosphere was excellent. Our favorite barman Edy, from the Schooner Bar ferried us drinks while we enjoyed some of the best food we had on our cruise. I would totally recommend eating there. We only ate in the main dining room 3 times for breakfast. And although the service was good, I found the food and selection in the Windjammer for breakfast much better. There was a delay to getting orders in the MDR and not everything was warm. And even though we enjoyed breakfast in the Windjammer, lunch was a mixed bag. I think you have to remember that it is BUFFET food. There was loads of selection, but it wasn't necessarily the best of what I ate. I have to say though, the Windjammer had super polite staff and it was obvious there was a tremendous effort done to prepare so many dishes. We did the occasional visit to Sorrento's Pizza. A real go to place for something to eat after 11 PM. Some nights the pizza was better than others. We frequented the "La Patisserie" once, but found the desserts and coffee were not as good as what we found in Cafe 270. We can not sing Sagar's praises enough from Cafe 270. He was the only barista who managed to make my sister's coffee the way she liked and I really enjoyed the juices and hot chocolate. Out of the 3 shows, I was able to see We Will Rock You, and Spectra's Caberet. We were booked for The Gift, but Anthem changed our booking to the 10PM show on our last night, and we decided to opt for other entertainment. I liked We Will Rock You, but must say I enjoyed the last 10 minutes the best when the audience joined in with the singing. Spectra's Caberet was spectacular!!! Loved the aerial work. But I have to say the entertain I love the most was Debbie in the Schooner bar. She was a hoot!!! A real piano lady. She engaged the audience and was really fun to listen to. My second favorite entertain was Simon the guitarist from We Will Rock You. He sat up outside in Vintages and played awesome renditions of classic rock. There was a tribute band on our cruise, but there was the Royal Swedes. I have to say that band along with the Love and Marriage Game were my least favorite activities. We also did not enjoy Puzzle Break as much as we thought we would. Two people in the group monopolized the game and sort of ruined the experience. We had hope to try out the bumper cars, but unfortunately we had conflicting activities. In Bermuda, we took the RC excursion to Horseshoe Bay Beach. I would totally recommend this. The bus driver, Belterre was fun and informative. It was a comfort to know we would get to and from the beach without any drama. Our second day we did a self guided tour of Kings Wharf in which we visited the Dockyard museum and the local shops. Bermuda was beautiful and we never felt unsafe. In closing, our vacation ensured we will be cruising again. The few complaints we had in no way overshadowed the fun we had. We loved Northstar, the Silent Party and walking on the top deck late at night.

1st Time Cruiser on Anthem of the Seas

cannotfathom’s Full Rating Summary
Get Royal Caribbean Anthem of the Seas price drops

Interior with Virtual Balcony Accessible
Cabin 1U 8127
Room was small. Reminded us of budget motels. Room temp was too warm. Room attendant was friendly and kept the space neat and clean.
Deck 11 Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins