This cruise was supposed to be highly rated but it turned into a nightmare. Some of the extremely wrong encounters are as follow. If I have to list all that were wrong and unsatisfactory I will end up writing a few chapters.
- the ship is very old and has an stale odour from time to time
- bathroom fixtures are mounted lopsided besides visibly unclean and unhygienic
- mini fridge door was not closed properly and we had to fix theproblem ourselves
- vanity fixtures are stained and dirty looking
- beddings had large patches of yellow stains
- female staff in officer uniform was hostile towards the crew and passengers during the life boat drill
- most of the staff incapable of giving accurate information
- some of the staff incapable of communicating in basic English
- probably the first "reputable" cruise line that served expired food items to passengers and insisted on payments
- placement of staff at the serving stations on Lido Deck was extremely inappropriate as a few of them had no cooking experience
- rotten vegetables served to passengers
- being told only one side plate of food allowed because they were standing together as a couple
- most of the menu items in the Dinning Room came in small decorative portions except on the very last night of the cruise
- cloth napkins have dangling loose threads everywhere
- so-called "midnight buffet" end at 23:30
- some salon/spa staff did not provide all the services as printed but still charged us full price for it
- it was absolutely innappropriate for spa staff to give specific medical advice under false pretense and intentionally misinterpreted findings
- there was no embarkation assistance to mobility challenged passengers
- disembarkation forms and instructions were all so different from what were supposed to be
- many touch screen casino slot machines had irresponsive key pads
Cleanliness improved from 3rd day onwards.
The so called portions of food available for self-serve n Lido Deck is unbelievable as 2 slices of eggplant or zuke with a piece of pantyhose thin meat weighing at most 2g is considered an individual serving. Orange juice is only complimentary during early breakfast and not replenished once all consumed. Package condiments have Japanese characters on them and the staff looked as clueless as we did when we tried to find out what exactly were inside them. We asked for cream and it arrived in a mug which was same as the self-serve beverage counter which was horrifying to us. Officers do not respond to passengers' greetings,i.e. "Good morning". Base on my interpretation there was no rapport among staff of different ethnic groups and definitely showed bias between ranks. I will not take this cruise again as I think I may have a more pleasant time kiyaking to Alaska.