3. Nieuw Amsterdam
Pre cruise. I flew to san diego on norwegian air and another sadly i did not know i had to pre book meals so all i9 had for 9 hrs was snacks! I stayed in a hostel to save money which was ok.i did maritime museum,san diego zoo and midway. Embarkation. I left hostel 1000 and was surprised to go onboard by 1130 and cabin was ready and luch was in the dining room. Cabin. I originally had an out6side guarantee cabin then 1 day before cruise got a upgrade to balcony. A quuen bed was very comfortable. Shop. Very few models of NIEUW AMSTERDAM were left plus small ones but not much else Entertainment. Really good shows,a singer/comedian,singers ands dancers and a fiddle player/comedian were really good. Ports of call. Victoria(vancover island) did not book any excursions as very pricey onboard. I got theb shuttle bus into town and after finding bus trips were$50-$70 to get to the beuchart gardens i went there by local bus. Disembarkation. Pretty good did not have to wait long to get off ship. Post cruise. I stayed in a hostel in vancover much better than the 1st one and went a few places. All in all. Really good cruise as i always want to go on her.

My cruise

Pre cruise.

Embarkation.

Cabin.

Shop.

Very few models of NIEUW AMSTERDAM were left plus small ones but not much else

Entertainment.

Ports of call.

Disembarkation.

Pretty good did not have to wait long to get off ship.

Post cruise.

All in all.

Really good cruise as i always want to go on her.
seabourndt’s Full Rating Summary
Get Holland America Nieuw Amsterdam price drops

Deluxe Ocean-View Verandah Stateroom
Cabin VD
safe not unlocked lights that were out and not interested in fixing
Rotterdam Deck Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins