Just back from a wonderful fortnight cruise on this beautiful ship. It was just myself and my Mum who has walking difficulties, so spends a large amount of time in a wheelchair. I’ve cruised before, but it was my first with P&O, and it was Mums first ever cruise. I wanted it to be perfect for her, and boy it was amazing. Embarking was easy, quick and hassle free. We were sat eating lunch in the buffet by 1-30pm, and in the cabin by 2-30pm, luggage unpacked. A lovely balcony cabin on deck 12. We left Southampton late as there was a problem with the ship, but hey ho, we were onboard, an amazing hotel at sea and were not gonna let that annoy us. We had to miss our first port of call, Cadiz which was of course a shame, but these things happen at times. The ship was kept spotlessly clean, the staff, every single one had a genuine happiness about them, were so helpful polite and extremely hard working. From our lovely cabin steward, to the young ladies checking and keeping the toilet facilities so clean. A big shout out to each and every one of them. The entertainment was tremendously good, the shows put on by The Headliners,,, wow! We could of been in the West End. The stage settings, the standard of dancing and singing was brilliant. The dance teachers were so lovely, I even got to dance Salsa (the only dance I can do lol) with Andy in the Atrium. I loved that. My Mum being in a wheelchair, and a first time cruiser was so worried that a cruise would be difficult, but with such fantastic staff on the ship it’s made her realise that I was right in knowing it was an experience she would treasure and love. The fact that this cruise was a Strictly Come Dancing cruise added to her enjoyment. The Strictly cast onboard were stunning, friendly and humble. Even Craig lol. I can’t comment on shore excursions, Mum was having such a good time onboard, we pleased ourselves in port, in fact we only got off twice. Mum said in Rome that if the Pope wanted to see her, he could visit her on the ship!! The food, well what can I say. It was wonderful. Tasty, plentiful and full of variety. The waiters in Cinnamon were attentive. We had freedom dining, and met some lovely people each evening. Good conversations. I was a little worried knowing that we would be sharing tables with other guests, I needn’t of worried because we really enjoyed everybody’s company. The buffet option was also very good in our opinion. The tables kept spotlessly clean, and the staff willing to help at any given opportunity. Ok now just a couple of niggles. Firstly I wish the TVs in the cabins were replaced with slightly larger newer ones, and the pool with the steps rather than ladders going into them were not in areas surrounded by steps, as it made it difficult for Mum to easily swim. I know you have a hoist at the main pool but it’s not ideal using that. I had to have a winger about something before I finished my review. To round off my I’d like to say to anybody thinking of cruising on this ship please take no notice of bad reviews you may read on here. I’m well travelled, have cruised on other ships, and I can honestly say this is a beautiful happy ship that I would cruise on again. It was my first P&O and it won’t be my last, or my Mums who is already talking about a Caribbean cruise next year.

A wonderful cruise

Roxy64’s Full Rating Summary
Get P&O Ventura price drops

Outside Twin with Balcony and Shower
Cabin JG A636
Comfortable and kept clean. I wish the TVs were slightly larger and on the wall rather than on a shelf at an angle.
  Ventura Deck Plans