3. Queen Elizabeth
This cruise was a treat for a special occasion. All of Cunard's advertising exudes 'Luxury and Glamour'. We did not know that we had paid all that money to join the last leg of around the world cruise for a 'don't care home'!! Our checkin and boarding was a disaster as we were checked into the room I had booked, but in some one else's name! We subsequently were hawked about a couple of floors to find the right cabin and then spent the afternoon dodging wheelchairs and aged people with walking sticks etc.. The only luxury in evidence were pictures and marquetry decorating the walls in public areas. Subsequently the bars were empty and no audiences for the brilliant musicians. It was like a ghost ship with no ambience. The so called 'glitzy gala balls' were no more than Hammersmith Palais on a bad day with 5 employed male and 1 female dancers to get people on the floor and guests turning up in casual clothes, one woman near me in my evening finery was wearing a fleece and track suit trousers! We ate a mere twice in the main dining room, first night the steak was like shoe leather, second night we had to suffer an unacceptable being. This was fixed dining and no other tables were available so we had to eat in the Lido everyday. This is definitely not what I expected. Cunard response was a 'snowflake' phoned me up to palm me off with a £200 pound voucher off a P&O cruise. What an insult.

Disaster. Trading on a bygone era and name that no longer exist.

Queen Elizabeth Cruise Review by MerleyandFreddy

• Sail Date: April 2018
  • Destination: Africa
  • Cabin Type: Balcony

MerleyandFreddy’s Full Rating Summary
Get Cunard Queen Elizabeth price drops

Balcony
Cabin BB 5057
I booked 4087 partial view, we were moved to 5057. The room itself was exactly the same but with a small balcony. Quite frankly I would rather have kept 4087 and received the luxury as advertised.
Deck 8 Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins