• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19
  • Deals
  • Excursions

Loire Princesse Review

Editor Rating

Overall excellent, but skip some of the excursions

Review for Loire Princesse to Europe River
Tauntonbob
2-5 Cruises • Age 70s

Sail Date: May 2018
Cabin:

I want to say that, in general, we enjoyed our cruise immensely. The Loire Princesse is very well designed and appointed and kept in excellent condition. The staff are all lovely and the food, as I had expected from our previous experience of Croisi, was excellent.

We do, however, have some criticisms, which we have passed on to the cruise company. These relate, in the main, to the excursion programme generally and to some excursions in particular.

Firstly, though, when booking I would advise you to check out the cabin allocated to you very carefully before you accept it. The paddle wheels are quite noisy when running, so I would advise trying not to be too close to them. The other thing is that there are a number of cabins on both decks that are smaller than standard, due to the stairs between decks. We noticed that cabin 234, for example, which happens to be the one that we were originally allocated by Croisi before, at our request, we got changed to 243, is one of those smaller cabins. I have to say that we would not have been at all happy if we had had to keep cabin 234 and only found out that it was smaller when we got there!

Cabin upper deck

Very well designed and immaculately kept. There is plenty of space for storage and a decent sized shower cubicle. It was lovely to have the outside space of the private balcony.

Port Reviews

Nantes

Not too much heritage retained, but be sure to visit Parc des Machines

11 Helpful Votes