Oasis of the Seas Cruise Review
3,695 Reviews

Biggest ship in the world, biggest disappointment as well...

Oasis of the Seas Cruise Review by macdonaldke

• Sail Date: May 2018
  • Destination: the Western Caribbean

We were super excited about going on the biggest ship in the world (it was when we booked it, then the Symphony came along and ruined that plan :) )

I had written a nice long review about the ship and its features but opted for an easier to read version.

The boat is huge but still crowded. there aren't enough seats inside to house everyone at night, especially if its raining and the aqua theatre is closed. Don't believe me? there's a lounge for suites guests so they can go relax in their own little haven away from the 6000 other guests.

Food:

Windjammer - basics like burgers and hot dogs are on at lunch and dinner, and are cruise ship average. Entree options are decent for lunch and dinner, if a little bland. Food is constantly cold. Honestly didn't eat a hot meal in windjammer my entire vacation.

Main Dining Room - Options are good. Food was hot, service impeccable. Food was too salty for me but still a decent option. The Smart portion of Smart Casual attire wasn't enforced. I noticed a fair number of guests dining in Short and T's or baseball jerseys without an issue.

Sabor Mexican Grill - Food was great, service was average.

Entertainment:

You MUST pre-book your entertainment and you MUST attend on the night you planned to see it. if you don't, you'll have to queue at Guest services to rebook or remove your reservation, and who wants to stand there while you are on holiday? Comedians were good, one was a little racist, but not in the usual funny way, sounded more like an angry drunk than someone pointing out the cultural differences in an entertaining manner.

Ship:

For it being a $5million a week boat it certainly doesn't look like it (6000guess x $750 = $4.5m, I rounded up as 750 is the inside cabin rate) The ship is generally unclean, the windows are streaky, there's dust everywhere (look in the corners) and it just looked generally dated.

Would I go again?:

No. I can excuse the ageing of the boat, it is getting a bit older. I can excuse the food, its impossible to cater to everyone taste. I can excuse the weird booking system for shows. What I cant excuse is all of them together. Too many little things on board made it difficult to enjoy. I'm still glad I experienced it, but I wouldn't do it again.

macdonaldke's Full Rating Summary