3. Carnival Glory
I went on this cruise, with Carnival mostly because it was one of the cheapest ones we could find in the Caribbean. After 5 years of intense nursing school and little cash, my boyfriend and I needed a vacation. We went with my parents. I was skeptical, having cruised on princess about 8 years ago. I heard bad things about Carnival and read some awful reviews about Carnival Glory a week before we left. However, I decided that regardless of what went down on the ship, I would be grateful and have an awesome time.

Turns out I didn't even have to have that resolve. From the time we got to the cruise line in freezing cold Miami, we had a very easy time. We boarded the ship, had some lunch on the Lido deck and went down to our first floor ocean view cabin. Let me tell you, for the money, I was impressed. The room was very clean and spacious and the beds were comfy. We were close enough to the elevators that it wasn't a journey, however, we were in the forward part of the ship, so we only had fellow people on our halls making noises. Our housekeeping staff found out our names immediately and greeted us every single time they saw us. So friendly!

I was prepared for the worst for dinner, but it was actually pretty darn good. The service was great and 'showtime' where the dining crew gets up and dances and sings was so much fun! I loved it. I think for the price of the cruise, it was all well on par with what we received. We did not do a lot of ship activities, because we were more interested in reading and lounging around, but there was always something offered. We loved our cabin and had no problem hanging out in there.

The food on the lido deck was blah, nothing too amazing too report, i thought the buffet style food was cold. The hamburgers from the grill were great and the pizza was also very good. Everything else left me wanting.

We don't drink a lot, so I can't say much about the bar service. My drinks were okay, a few were watered down, but overall they were good.

The dedicated comedy club was awesome. There were four comics during our cruise with great shows, PG and R rated. My only complaint was that there wasn't even enough room! We went to all of them.

The entertainment in the Amber Palace was kind of lame. I hate saying that, because I enjoyed the cruise so much, but it was just lame.

The service was awesome. I thought everyone we met was kind, gracious, and seemed rested.

I asked a 9 year old boy about club carnival,the kids club on the ship, his response 'it is so awesome!' that was great to hear.... Overall, I am super happy with Carnival, I would absolutely sail it again, because it is cheaper, but still good quality.

A skeptic converted!

Carnival Glory Cruise Review by soverygrateful

soverygrateful’s Full Rating Summary
Rates

Great size. The bed was comfortable. Bathroom nice. Spacious. Clean. Loved it! Quiet location. Even numbers are the side of the docking and tenders, go to the other side next time!
  Carnival Glory Deck Plans