3. Silver Muse
We are long time Silversea Cruisers. First time on Silver Muse. It clearly represents a new direction for Silversea. we are not sure who the cruise line is marketing too. Let me explain. Gone is the elegant dinning room, and in its place is a collection of dining options. While they represent a more modern approach to the dining experience, the new venues lack any sense of the wow factor. Comfortable, yes. Elegance, no. In fact, the entire ship denotes a sense of soft colors, fabrics, and light paneling exuding blandness. There was a lot of use of artificial material for surfaces. Now, don't get me wrong. This all tied together in a decorators well thought out scheme. Unfortunately it turned out very uninspiring. I have loved cruising-partly for the grandeur which this ship lacks. I am talking today grandeur, hip grandeur, modern grandeur, all missing. The staff were as fantastic as ever. Best in industry in my opinion. The food was OK. Meat products we fine. The fish was consistently over cooked and dry. I think fish products were not left to get to room temperature before cooking thus drying out. in the cooking process. Fish was not taken off the grill and left to finish on the plate. We were surprised at this problem since on virtually all of our past Silversea cruises, fish was fantastic. And yes, we did frequently and politely share our concern with ship staff. Now, Silversea is planning two more sister ships to Muse. I hope there is still time to add elegance back in the mix. By the way, did I mention the seven day menu has to go. Silversea has lost its way with this ship and marketing staff better make sure that young hip as well as seasoned cruisers feel they are getting ship value for their money. Will we sail with Silversea again? You bet. There still no better cruise line out there. These comments hopefully will be helpful to the cruise line.

Bland Ship, Great staff

Silver Muse Cruise Review by Frank the Cruiser

The staff were as fantastic as ever. Best in industry in my opinion.

Frank the Cruiser’s Full Rating Summary