3. Rotterdam
This cruise started out as a 15 day repositioning cruise from the Caribbean to Europe and we added a 12 day Baltic cruise. The Rotterdam handled the trip just fine and the crew was outstanding as you would expect a Holland America Lines Crew to be. FYI - Just before we left, it came to our attention that the coin-operated laundry had been removed. :( As we were not at that time 4 Star Mariners [we are now], we used the Laundry-by-the-Bag option [$20]. The clothes came back the next day done well w/shirts & pants on hangers. For 4 & 5 Star Mariners, this service is complimentary. We enjoyed the food service on board. From the Dive-In, to the Lido, to the MDR. No complaints and I'm sure going to miss the fellow who served up such large portions of ice cream! Gals, don't forget the complimentary chocolates in the Explorer"s Café for after that leisurely fine dining meal. We rarely book non-HAL excuirsions w/the exception of Hop On-Hop Off buses. We booked 7 excusions including a 2 day in St. Petersburg, as did most of the folks on board. All were just fine if not a bit tiring for this 71 YO man. The evening entertainment in the Main Theatre was very good most nights [I'm not picky]. Some performances were good enough to watch twice. Be aware that it's a wise person who gets a seat about 20 minutes early. Embarcation was a nightmare as a storm delayed our plane by enough to miss the ship in Tampa [and yes I know that it's best to come a day early - but it's also expensive]. There were several folks on the plane going on the Rotterdam and we even had HAL's FlightEase option. No HAL people met that plane and we were left to our own devices as to how to get to the ship. Disembarcation was a dream! Fast and well planned. Just to clairify, we will be using HAL's FlightEase on each voyage. They just slipped up this time. Could I recomend the MS Rotterdam? Yes. Could I recommend Holland America Line for your next cruise? Yes, but remember it's not a booze cruise ship.

A relaxing get-a-way.

TexasDavid7’s Full Rating Summary
Get Holland America Rotterdam price drops

Large Ocean-View Stateroom
Cabin C 2630
We had an Ocean View cabin #2630. The cabin was comfortable and relatively spacious. The window of the cabin had water and rust stains which was annoying but all-in-all the room was satisfactory. And certainly worth the booking cost. I would caution you that you time your showers so that many others aren't taking theirs. Unless of course you like cold showers. I would have liked to haul that bed home with me. We normally book an Ocean View room, but really prefer the Lanai rooms.
Main Deck Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins