3. Emerald Liberte
We had seen river cruises advertised on the television and had watched the programme with Jane MacDonald and thought we might like to try one. We were not sure which cruise to choose so went into the travel agent and they found us what we wanted at a reasonable price. We were not sure what to expect but were not disappointed when we went on board the Emerald Liberte. Our cabin was lovely with all facilities, very clean, in fact spotless. It remained that way throughout the week with the cabin lady coming in twice a day! The cruise was super, stopping at the most beautiful ports on route and having the opportunity to visit more places if you wanted (at an extra cost). We did a lot of walking with tour guides and unescorted if you wished. The places we visited we would never of gone to had we not been on the cruise. All tour guides spoke perfect English and were very knowledgeable on the places history, and there was a lot of history! Back on the ship the food was plentiful and 5star cuisine for the most. We were even able to have a bbq one afternoon on the top deck. The ship was extremely quiet, you did not know you were moving until you looked out of the window! We did not do very much cruising during the day, we mostly set off in the early evening. I was a little disappointed in this as I had hoped to sit up on top deck while moving through the very pleasant towns and villages, but this was not possible also because of the low bridges en route. Overall the whole experience was exceptional! The only negative comment I can make is that I think we may have been about 10-15yrs premature in taking the cruise as all but about 6 of us were over the age of 65.

Lovely Cruise Of Rivers Saone and Rhône

Emerald Liberte Cruise Review by MariaSP

Overall the whole experience was exceptional!

MariaSP’s Full Rating Summary
Get Emerald Liberte price drops

Lovely cabin, just the right size for two adults (although my husband had to crouch a little in the shower cubicle as he his 6’8”!)
All facilities available, including panoramic view of the river and ports along the way.
Maid service twice a day with very pleasant staff.