Jewel of the Seas Cruise Review

Jewel of the Seas Cruise Review by Talldkny

• Sail Date: May 2018
  • Destination: Transatlantic
  • Cabin Type: Interior

This was my 26th cruise, 4th TA, and first cruise with RC. We departed from Puerto Rico without incident, boarding and checking in was a breeze.

The Jewel is one Royals older ships but still has allot of life in her. Some of the public rooms seemed a bit dated and worn. The dining room is a classic beauty.

We mostly dined in the main dining room and buffet. Our waiters in the Main Dining Room were excellent. We were a table of 10 friends. Quality of food and selection was very good. We ate one night at "Chops Grill." The food was classic steakhouse! I would highly recommend. The only negative about dining is that after 9 PM offerings are very limited. One can get a piece a pizza, hot dog or cookie in the Solarium. The desserts overall were not great.

My last 5 cruises were on Celebrity. The Jewel had some of the best entertainment and performers. This was by far one of the most liveliest TA's I have been on, people partied late.

What struck me most about this cruise was how friendly the staff and crew was and how approachable the ships officers were on the Jewel.

The only negative thing that occurred was I got the "Cold from Hell" 10 days into the trip. I was not alone.

I would definitely go back on Royal.

Talldkny's Full Rating Summary