3. Carnival Sensation
I went on a Carnival Sensation Cruise from 05/17/2018-05/21/2018. It was the worst experience of my life. We got on the boat at 11 am but was not allowed to go to our room until 1:30. When we first arrived on the boat it was pouring with rain and everybody was waiting in line for the 2 food options available. Since it was raining and we weren't allowed in our rooms, I sat in the hallway for 3 hours hoping the trip was going to get better. When we finally got into our room it was disappointing. We paid for a king size bed but what we got was 2 twin beds pushed together that continued to pull apart as the ship rocked. Our Cruise was schedule to tour Half Moon Cay and Nassau. The weather prevented us from visiting Half Moon Cay so we detoured to Freeport. Online Carnival advertised beautiful clean beaches. I didn't get so lucky as to see where those pictures were taken. The port the ship drops you off at is a worn down industrial manufacturing junk yard. The Bahamas were hit by Hurricane Irma in September 2017 and it definitely shows. There is debris everywhere and no sign of renovations. Online they have the captivating title of WaterWorks included. "Carnival's onboard waterpark" it's actually 1 slide, 1 pool, and 2 hot tubs for 3,000 people. The water is freezing and if you mange to squeeze your way into the hot tub you will be accompanied by children screaming and splashing water into your face and drinks. Online they claim "The world you'll find yourself in is one of complete peace". This couldn't be further from the truth. More like you will find yourself stuck in the middle of a frat party with no escape. There is no such thing as a good night sleep with drunk people wandering the halls at all hours yelling at the top of their lungs, children running up and down the halls, and your neighbors toilet that never seems to stop flushing. If you are sober I do not recommend The Punch liner Comedy Club where you will listen to grown men complain about how nobody is laughing at their jokes. If you are sober I also do not recommend their food. Lets start with room service. Your breakfast is limited to the food you can find at the Dollar Tree: bagels, yogurt, cereal, and juice. Far from their "extensive room service menus". Their lunch and dinner free options aren't much better: caesar salad, ham and cheese sandwich, or PB&J. Their room service menu is comparable to what you can find in your fridge at home. The restaurants are limited to The Dining Room, Guy's Burger Joint, Blueiguana Cantina, and The Carnival Deli. 4 restaurants may seem like a like but remember you are eating 25 meals onboard. Those options become less appealing as the trip goes on. Plus they weren't amazing in the first place. I believe the cruise is hoping everybody gets drunk enough to not notice how mediocre the food is. Lastly terrible customer service. If you are not ordering an acholic beverage, the bartenders will ignore you because they believe you will not tip them. If you request to speak to a manager at guest services, they will give you the run around as to why nobody can help you and why you must wait till after your cruise to file a complaint. I filed a complaint on 05/19/2018 and demanded to speak to a manager. The guest service representative gave me a number to call after the trip was over and said that was all he or anybody on board could do for me.

WASTE OF MONEY