3. Allure of the Seas
Kids & Grands asked us to join them on this cruise. Twin 9yr old grandsons had no "real" memories of the Disney cruise they went on as 4-1/2 yr olds.... and this would be the "BIG VACATION" for them. The Allure of the Seas is HUGE!!! The different 'neighborhoods' give a great variety of places to go and do things. The ice skating rink was a big hit with the kids, as well as the many water-features on the sport-deck. They also really enjoyed the activities in the "kid care" area. The flow-rider, rock-wall, putt-putt area, basketball court, and ping-pong tables got a lot of use by the boys! They had a fantastic time - and we grandparents enjoyed seeing them have a good time. NOW - for hubby and me..... we've cruised before, mostly on Carnival, and I was expecting this cruise (since it was SO MUCH MORE expensive) to be superlative! I was expecting a "WOW!!!" Well - it was good - - but I don't think it reached the "exceptional" level I was expecting. Half of the ping-pong tables were warped (though the boys didn't care); a door in one of the cafe's frequently refused to open; the alcoholic beverages are outrageously priced; there were no shampoo/conditioners in the rooms; the tv didn't "swivel" out far enough to see well while in bed; and if you really enjoy sitting and watching the ocean ...... there aren't many places to do that... as there aren't windows to look out. We like interior rooms because they're nice and dark at night... but to actually sit somewhere and watch the ocean, or to sit by a window and read - you had limited options. Oh, I almost forgot - there were occasions when we smelled "sewage odor" in the halls of the stateroom areas. Never smelled it in the public areas. In all - it was a good cruise, though I don't think we'll go again as the $$ just isn't worth it to us. We go on cruises to relax, read, enjoy a show or two, gamble a little, and RC is just too big and busy for us.

Was our first time with RC... and the boat is HUGE!!!!

Allure of the Seas Cruise Review by Nanaisacruisler

Nanaisacruisler’s Full Rating Summary
Ages 7 to 9
Get Royal Caribbean Allure of the Seas price drops

Interior
Cabin 1V 10551
The cabin was nice. Unless you get a suite, the standard stateroom is pretty much the same on any cruise line. The bed (twins put together) was comfy, the pillows nice. The tv is "set" to be watched from the small sofa... and "swivels" so you can watch (sort of) from the bed... though it doesn't swivel much - so you're watching from an odd angle. The toilet paper (sorry RC) is a lot like rough tissue-paper for a gift-bag! The shower has a "gel" pump that is not identified - so I guess it's shower gel (no shampoo/conditioner). To be honest though - you don't spend a lot of time in your room.
Deck 14 Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins