3. Oasis of the Seas
We chose this cruise because our Friends would like to do their 1st cruise in the Oasis And we like the ports Bahamas, St. Thomas And St. Maarten. We like the drink package that comes with it, the prepaid gratuities, And the internet that comes with the drink package. Plus it’s Amenities And activities on Board. Embarkation is smooth, checking in early is better to avoid the long lines and you get in the ship and get to relax. Do not bring Iron, power bars this will be confiscated and cause luggage delay. Laundry is 35$ for 1 bag ( shirts, shorts, undies and socks)which they offer on the 3rd day. Unless you are willing to pay for pressing a pair of pants would cost 6.99 for wash and press. For activities, there’s miniputt, ping pong tables, court , pools . This ship has more amenities than the Disney Fantasy. Food is better this time , more variety and tastes better. Although they can serve more seafood like mussels and shrimps in the buffet area. They have burgers and hotdogs at the wipeout cafe but it’s not grilled. I wonder why can’t they have a griller in this ship. People would have lined up more for these items if they are grilled. We bought a drink package which is very handy to order drinks from different bars at different levels. Thanks to our favorite bartenders in the Pool Bar Rupesh Bhoir( India ) , Rolin Mendoza ( Philippines) , Oleh ( Ukraine) in the Sand bar. They left a lasting impression for providing service with a smile no matter how busy it is. But our favorite is the Pool Bar the bartenders are always happy and smiles all the time. We also love the service we have at the Glibe atlas, the bartenders are nice and makes sure we get our drinks on time and the drinks are really good. With this package you can order specialty coffee and I also get my smoothies or shakes in Vitality Cafe which is really nice. I also get the free internet package. Wifi is good everywhere in the ship considering my phone was on Airplane mode the whole time. They have a gym which is really nice and a track if u want to exercise. For dining, we did the 815 pm dinner which really worked for us. Most of the time we sit in the bars in Globe Atlas or the bar that goes up and down and Schooners bar to pass the time before going to the shows. We went to a few shows we’ve seen most of them Last time . The comedy was really good!!! Thanks to Patricio Figueroa (Headwaiter ) , Jiadong( China) & Samuel ( India). They made our dining experience great and they even had a champagne toast for our friends celebrating their 30th anniversary. They went above and beyond in making sure that our meals and drinks were served in a timely manner. They are efficient and very friendly. The menu is better this time. It all tastes good. I had rack of lamb twice and they are delicious. The had 2 appetizers every time and they were all good. Entertainment was sort of a disappointment we enjoyed the music from the Band that played last oct 2017 at Dazzles and they’re not there anymore. The temperature band is OK but the music just doesn’t click to the crowd that everyone left as they were just starting to play their set. But we enjoyed miniputting,playing ping pong . There’s hardly any activities on the poolside. The Solarium restaurant is busy at lunchtime would be nice if they figure a way to separate the line from the salad bar as it gets blocked from people lining up to get food. There are times I have to get in line for the food even though I just want to get salad.

Better the 2nd time around

Oasis of the Seas Cruise Review by amtak73

• Sail Date: May 2018
  • Destination: Eastern Caribbean
  • Cabin Type: Boardwalk View Balcony

They have a gym which is really nice and a track if u want to exercise.

Last time . The comedy was really good!!!

amtak73’s Full Rating Summary
Get Royal Caribbean Oasis of the Seas price drops

Boardwalk View Balcony
Cabin 2I 11327
We have a great view of the Boardwalk below , the rock climbing on the left side , the big screen TV and the ocean. I really don’t mind it although there are rooms across.you can pull the curtains for privacy. We had oceanview in the past and we enjoyed more this view when you’re in the balcony.
I must say Photography is excellent it’s realky nice that we can buy just a few photos instead of paying for a package. Love the photographs esp on formal nites. The girl taking photographs on the Car is excellent.
Deck 14 Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins

• St. Maarten
    He’s an excellent tour guide. It was our 2nd time in St. Maarten and we were just disappointed that The Orient Beach was badly hit during the hurricane. The establishments are gone and there are small stall
    In the area but there’s no bathroom. We love this beach but unfortunately we were not able to stay . We also toured the Sunset Beach , there’s hardly any beach left and is very crowded. But would prefer to stay here all day next time we visit ( will just do the Maho tour) The airport has only 1 plane that flew. The bar though beside it is good and it has good food from what we saw. We are unable to eat as we have a time limit to get back to the taxi.
    View All 12,995 St. Maarten Cruise Port Reviews
    View Cruise Critic's St. Maarten Cruise Port Review
  • City Tour
    We took a taxi and paid 30$ each there’s only 4 of us in the air conditioned cab. We didn’t book this tour. Ahmed was really good at showing us the different elevations which gives us a great scenic view of St. Thomas. He also took pictures of us when we stopped at each scenic site.
    View All 104 City Tour Reviews