3. Pride of America
We chose this cruise because it would be our first time to Hawaii and we would visit 4 islands. Embarkment was very easy, it only took us approx. 15 minutes to board from the time we dropped our luggage to the time we boarded ship. They had the buffet ready so we could have lunch and hang out until our room was ready. I researched before taking our cruise so I was aware of the additional charges for drinks, service charges etc. All services had a 20% gratuity so no tip was added except in case of exceptional service. We did leave a tip in the two dinning rooms, Liberty and Skyline since there was no extra charges so no gratuity was added. Buffet was okay, Barbeque by pool was good but Skyline food was excellent. The difference in Liberty and Skyline was the dress code. The food was the same. Staff was friendly and courteous, each asking where we were from and are we enjoying our cruise. Our cabin was small but that was expected. Bathroom was quite small but we had good water pressure and plenty of hot water. There was entertainment every night, some which was good and some was very good. Loved the not so newlywed game. We did several excursions. One of our favorites was the Smith family luau. I booked this unit separate from NCL. The food was excellent, the ceremony of uncovering the pig and the actual show after dinner was very entertaining. Our only disappointment due to the volcano we did not get to dock at the big island so instead of visiting 4 islands we visited 3. Even though I was disappointed I applaud NCL of thinking of our safety

Relaxing and enjoyable cruise

Loraine49’s Full Rating Summary
Get Norwegian (NCL) Pride of America price drops

Balcony
Cabin BX 8154
Cabin was clean but a little small. Plenty of drawers and closet. Slid the suitcases under the bed after we unpacked. Bed was very comfortable. Each day we took a picture of the animal of the day the steward made with the towels.Nice balcony view.
Deck 7 Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins