3. Grandeur of the Seas
My wife and I have vacationed with 2 other couples for years. Recently one of the wives was widowed, but she came on the cruise with us and it went very well. We were thrilled we could convince her to come along. The other couple is celebrating their 40th wedding anniversary this year and they picked the cruise ship and the destination. After reading some of the reviews, we were afraid we might be traveling with a nursing home crowd, but as it turned out the majority of the cruisers were in their sixties. 2000 cruisers, but only 20 below 18, but school is not out yet. The cabins were clean and well maintained. We had an inside cabin. I like the layout of this room better than a typical Carnival cabin where you walk through a hall as you enter the room. Main dining room food was great. I would have liked more variety with the starters, but once I asked for a garden salad they had a fresh one each night for me. Maha and Gavin were excellent waiters. I'm not personally a big fan of the buffets on any ship so I refrain from making any comment on The Windjammer. Mike, the cruise director, was also fantastic. The headliners were great and the staff variety show was very entertaining. I also enjoyed "Mama" and think she should be featured more. Some shows in Centrum would be better in the South Pacific so more people can see. While the weather was cool and rainy for several days, the ship provides lots of indoor areas for relaxation. Both the Centrum and the Solarium are great choices for respite. Great choice on the ports of call, we took private tours each day. A tour guide would meet the 5 of us in a minivan and off we would go for the day. This was our first experience trying this and I highly recommend it. Boston - Boston Custom Tours Portland/Kennebunkport - Maine Day Trips Bar Harbor - At Your Service Taxi and Tours St John - Charlene's Bay of Fundy Tours Halifax - Halifax Tour Guys Nova Scotia Great ship. Great Size. Lots of great relaxation

Great Ship With Wonderful Ports of Call

Great ship. Great Size. Lots of great relaxation
J757P’s Full Rating Summary

Interior
Cabin 6V 8059
Well appointed room with excellent cabin steward. I like how the room opens up into an open area and not into the closets and bathroom
Deck 8 Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Suite Cabins