3. Carnival Ecstasy
First time on this ship. Although old and small, it was totally fine and acceptable. We will NOT cruise again during this time frame. We appeared to have been caught in a time warp - where no party people were on board. This was my eighth Carnival cruise, and I have never seen such a dull crowd. Our group of 6 would laugh out loud at dinner and people would shoot us dirty looks. Very odd experience for Carnival! Our stateroom steward was the bomb - especially after we gave him a goody bag of candy, phone card, and cash at beginning of cruise. Some dining room dinners were good, but others were disappointing. Jason, the piano man, is a great piano player, but he is not a great singer or entertainer. On the other hand, nobody can compare to Gustavo on Carnival Paradise. Embarkation was probably the easiest we have ever experienced; never gone out of Charleston before. Disembarkation was fine. Getting luggage was basically a mess due to such a small space and cruisers intercepting porters that the staff had signaled for us. All in all, we had a great time as we are not easy going and don't sweat the small stuff. The only reason I wouldn't sail this ship again is that I am ready to experience the Horizon and Vista!

Great time, but bad time of year to go!

Carnival Ecstasy Cruise Review by cfgold

cfgold’s Full Rating Summary
Get Carnival Ecstasy price drops

Porthole
Cabin PT m8
Amazing! We have had balcony, interior, ocean view, and suite. This was first time in porthole. We chose it because we I like to know when it's day and night (plus I could close the porthole window if I wanted total darkness 24/7). For only a couple dollars more per day, we got this room. VERY HUGE! The porthole window area could house a small village! We used it for storage of all of our water, juices, sodas, etc. The room was also longer, so we had tons of floor space. Our friends saw the room and were in awe at all of the space. Definitely worth it!!!
Empress Deck Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins