1. Home
  2. Cruise Reviews
  3. Carnival Miracle
Carnival Miracle: May 13,2018 Never cruised before, not my thing. More of a adventure seeker than buffet chaser. Cruising still not my thing but had a fantastic time. Wanted to spend time with my brother who loves cruising so took the plunge. Read lots of reviews so was hesitant I was wasting my money. I was wrong. PROS: 1) The crew made the whole difference. Those people work their asses 24/7, 10 hour days 7 days a week, for 7 months straight to satisfy 2500 buffet crazy Americans. Always a smile, over the top helpful. Not sure how they keep their sanity and smile and desire to serve. 2) Everyone complained ship was old but I was blown over by how great a shape things were kept. OK, 1 pedal on an exercise bike was squeaky and the screen didn't work on another one. Wow. Our cabin was fantastic and we had a small one. Ship was scrubbed and clean. Not sure what all the whining was about. 3) Shows were very good. Comedy was mostly good, the X rated ones used the 'F' word too much (I use the 'F' word too, but not like I stutter with it as they did) 4) Food was unbelievable. I'm not a restaurant person but WOW. Must of been 100 different dishes and OK maybe 10% are duds, but the other 90% are fantastic. Sure beats overpriced restaurant food I've had in the past. The head chef went out of his way after hours to make me this incredible hamburger that i will never forget...and I generally don't eat meat. 5) Sufficient exercise machines. Some needed to be fixed. GREAT steam room. 6) Passengers were all nice. Didn't see any obnoxious drunks but we generally avoided that crowd. Ship was big enough. 7) Extremely well organized. Carnival kept 2500 Americans synchronized like a well oiled machine. Great job. Cons: 1) Nickel and dime: you to death so we avoided all the extras still had great ime 2) Port of calls. We did 1 nature tour in Routan which we liked, but overall it was like cruising between shopping malls. Got sucked into $10/glass beers in Cayman. Just overpriced tourist traps. Not worth it, didn't really see the REAL Hondouras, etc. 3) Everyday you are faced with the American health care crisis in all its glory as 75% of the passengers avoided the salad buffet. The amount of wasted food at the buffets is almost criminal.Very sad statement about American society today. Overall A+. Thanks Carnival. Will go again..but maybe when I'm 70. dman

From a doubter to a believer

Carnival Miracle Cruise Review by dman58

11 people found this helpful
Trip Details
Carnival Miracle: May 13,2018

Never cruised before, not my thing. More of a adventure seeker than buffet chaser. Cruising still not my thing but had a fantastic time. Wanted to spend time with my brother who loves cruising so took the plunge.

Read lots of reviews so was hesitant I was wasting my money. I was wrong.

PROS:

1) The crew made the whole difference. Those people work their asses 24/7, 10 hour days 7 days a week, for 7 months straight to satisfy 2500 buffet crazy Americans. Always a smile, over the top helpful. Not sure how they keep their sanity and smile and desire to serve.

2) Everyone complained ship was old but I was blown over by how great a shape things were kept. OK, 1 pedal on an exercise bike was squeaky and the screen didn't work on another one. Wow. Our cabin was fantastic and we had a small one. Ship was scrubbed and clean. Not sure what all the whining was about.

3) Shows were very good. Comedy was mostly good, the X rated ones used the 'F' word too much (I use the 'F' word too, but not like I stutter with it as they did)

4) Food was unbelievable. I'm not a restaurant person but WOW. Must of been 100 different dishes and OK maybe 10% are duds, but the other 90% are fantastic. Sure beats overpriced restaurant food I've had in the past. The head chef went out of his way after hours to make me this incredible hamburger that i will never forget...and I generally don't eat meat.

5) Sufficient exercise machines. Some needed to be fixed. GREAT steam room.

6) Passengers were all nice. Didn't see any obnoxious drunks but we generally avoided that crowd. Ship was big enough.

7) Extremely well organized. Carnival kept 2500 Americans synchronized like a well oiled machine. Great job.


Cons:

1) Nickel and dime: you to death so we avoided all the extras still had great ime

2) Port of calls. We did 1 nature tour in Routan which we liked, but overall it was like cruising between shopping malls. Got sucked into $10/glass beers in Cayman. Just overpriced tourist traps. Not worth it, didn't really see the REAL Hondouras, etc.

3) Everyday you are faced with the American health care crisis in all its glory as 75% of the passengers avoided the salad buffet. The amount of wasted food at the buffets is almost criminal.Very sad statement about American society today.

Overall A+. Thanks Carnival. Will go again..but maybe when I'm 70.

dman
dman58’s Full Rating Summary
Enrichment Activities
Value For Money
Embarkation
Dining
Public Rooms
Entertainment
Cabin
Fitness & Recreation
Shore Excursions
Service
Onboard Experience
Free Price Drop Alerts
Get Carnival Miracle price drops
250,000+ people have entered their email

Cabin Review

Cabin 1164
Fantastic. Not sure why you need a balcony. Great value for the money.
  Carnival Miracle Deck Plans

Port & Shore Excursion Reviews