3. Celebrity Reflection
Early flight meant a taxi pick up at 2.30am arrived and printed boarding cards then had to wait an hour for the bag check in to open. That done another wait for the gate number , boarding was the usual scrum ( why does it have to be like that? ) luckily Rome is only a 2 hour flight so avoided the extras on food and drink. On arrival we were impressed with the number of celebrity staff on hand to guide us. Coach transfer was efficient and check in about 10 minutes our cabin was ready which was a bonus. After a lunch in the oceanview we rested and when our cases arrived unpacked before muster. We were on freedom dining and because the food and service was so good in the MDR we decided not to bother with the speciality restaurants. Breakfast next morning taken in MDR I made the mistake of ordering brown toast instead of whole wheat and what came was inedible. I am not going to detail every port as each person has their own preferences just a summary. Messina we walked into town and watched the midday clock tower performance. Valletta we did a tour with boat trip to blue caves, poor in my opinion. Mykinoss we took the shuttle and walked the town very pretty but it rained on us. Rhodes was my favourite place we did a tour of excavated ruins and the old town. Santorini was a very early start and lots of waiting for the tenders to commence did a tour to oia and a winery before descending on the cable car not as impressed as I thought I was going to be. Athens was good we did a trip to the Accropolis but be very careful as it is very uneven and a number of people stumbled. Naples we went to Pompeii and were lukey enough to have a very good guide which made for an interesting visit. The entertainment on board was average with Jayne Curry being the stand out performer. Overall we thoroughly enjoyed the cruise an find Celebrity to provide excellent service although one niggle is having a drinks package and finding that the bars were shut in the areas where some of the activities were taking place such as quizzes and the lectures. The final night was awkward as we had prepaid our gratuities and felt we were leaving the restaurant without due reward to the staff who had given us most excellent service.

Airport scrum

Celebrity Reflection Cruise Review by coxsparrow

Messina we walked into town and watched the midday clock tower performance.

Valletta we did a tour with boat trip to blue caves, poor in my opinion.

coxsparrow’s Full Rating Summary
Get Celebrity Reflection price drops

Deluxe Ocean View with Verandah
Cabin 2B 6126
Standard type of cabin note there is a three feet wide shelf outside the balcony so you cannot see directly down to the sea and the theatre can be heard when the entertainment performers rehearse.
Sunrise Deck Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins