3. Grandeur of the Seas
We chose this cruise to be able to sample New England without having to drive to locations. We chose RC as the cruise line based on a deal thru Cruises Only. We had not cruised the NE or any where in about 8 years. We enjoyed this cruise so much we may have to book another soon. The embarkation and disembarkation processes were smooth and timely. Loved having a choice of times to disembark on the last day of the cruise. Although we had an inside stateroom, it was more than adequate in roominess and the bathroom was bigger than I expected. The dining experiences were the BEST. The hours of the buffet, as well as sit down dinners were more than expected. The quality was good also. The food was good and the choices were outstanding. The ports were well thought out. There were varied items to do at each location. I do wish one of the stops had been on our trip back down the coast though. However, the staff did an outstanding job keeping everyone busy for the two days we were at sea at the end of the cruise. We booked all our excursions outside of the cruise line, so I cannot speak to that, however, I would always recommend the hop on hop off trollies and buses whenever available, as seems to be the best way to see the towns.

Had a grand time touring New England with RC

Grandeur of the Seas Cruise Review by maggi10

maggi10’s Full Rating Summary

Interior
Cabin 3V 3021
The cabin was more than adequate for the two persons traveling in our group. The bathroom was roomier than I expected. The housekeeping staff was very attentive without being intrusive. Were VERY friendly when we passed in the halls. Answered any questions we had and provided extras of things we needed (towels, blankets, etc.)
Deck 8 Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Suite Cabins

• Cadillac Mountain
    Made a decision to do one Private Tour on one of stops. This was the stop and was the BEST decision. Mary, out tour guide took us in her personal vehicle to the National Park and thru the city. She was most informative and gave us history we probably would not have gotten anywhere else.
    View All 34 Cadillac Mountain Reviews
  • Trolley Tour
    Great, informative hosts on trolleys. Very fun ! Went exactly where we needed to go, although we did forgo the trolley from a couple stops to enjoy the walk even in the misty rain.
    View All 34 Trolley Tour Reviews
  • Schooner Sail
    Thought the crew could have given more information as we sailed around the harbor. They said maybe we had heard enough tour guides, but I think they could have let the passengers decide. Would have liked a little history of the areas we were looking at.
    View All 7 Schooner Sail Reviews
  • City Tour, Bay of Fundy, and St. Martin
    The tour guide was somewhat informative, but gave us much useless and unneeded information. Would have liked to have gotten off the bus more than once. Was a LONG 5 hours riding on a bus listening to weird jokes and information.
    View All 39 City Tour, Bay of Fundy, and St. Martin Reviews