3. Star Princess
44 cruises, 11 Princess cruises

Embarkation - Valparaiso. We had an independent driver pick us up and drop us from the Santiago airport. Smooth. Imagine this being the high point of the the cruise [Princess/druise variable]

Entertainment - Shows - argh! Bands - Brazil Brasil [they tried hard], Dolphins [decent dance band] Lectures [hahahahaha] Tango shows [fun!]

Food - Sad. We ate at the ports whenever we could. Sotito's in Puerto Arenas!

Ports - Fine. Tender service done well.

Tours - We booked independent tours at every stop, except Stanley. Princess owned the best tours at the Falklands.

Dismebarkation - didn't get off the ship until 2 p.m. Mass confusion!!!! We complained when we saw Princess workers getting off before passengers. Since we were in a mini-suite and Platinum, we got off earlier than most in Rio. I never saw such an uncaring attitude by any travel related company in my life.

Overall - gaucho mentality of the staff. We felt like cattle. Never again will I take a large ship from Princess. After Carnival took over the line, we have seen a decline in service pushing Princess lower and lower in ranking of various cruise lines. Sad, sad, sad.

Eek! It's a rat!

Star Princess Cruise Review by alan310

44 cruises, 11 Princess cruises

Food - Sad. We ate at the ports whenever we could. Sotito's in Puerto Arenas!

Ports - Fine. Tender service done well.

alan310’s Full Rating Summary