We wanted a break in mid April.. . . . . . it turned out to be very disappointing.
1. All jacuzzis were always full of people with no control of time limits so we stayed out.
2. Very young children (some with dummies) were uncontrolled, both on the dance floor
and at the evening meal. No problem with children playing at the right time and place..
3. The evening's theater music reverberated in the theater, your ears and at close cabins.
4. A solely Staff Drill was announced in a blurring volume inside our cabin. What for?
5. Hospitality staff told us to go ashore to find out info regarding the next port of call!.
6. Hospitality staff never answered the telephone whenever we needed them and queuing at their desk took at least 20 minutes to get serviced.
7. Coffee after dinner is taboo. You have to go to a bar and buy it.
8. Shows were about acceptable, and the illusionist performed some acts in darkness!
9 I was taken aback when I found that while meals were included, plain water was not.
The above points were raised with the Costa local agents. They were grateful for raising these shortcomings and promised to look into the points raised for future passengers, but no refund of any sort was forthcoming. Our compensation was therefore their gratitude for raising the matter!.
I am not rushing to book another cruise with Costa.