• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19
  • News
  • Deals

MSC Magnifica Review

Editor Rating

Italian Food, dancing fun & excellent itinerary! Magnifica!

Review for MSC Magnifica to the Baltic Sea
Connie Tact
10+ Cruises • Age 60s

Sail Date: Apr 2018
Cabin: Interior Stateroom
1st meal onboard- plenty for veggie! Gluten free also catered for well I he
Cabin. Kettles in all cabins.
Small TV but good to see where we were going etc!
Bathroom clean and fine.
Leaving Sothampton U.K.
Pianist and classical music brilliant in this bar area. Lovely teas in pots
Ship in port
View from council building onto square in Porto.
Bought some fresh flowers from florist in Porto for birthday! Really bright
Flowers in Cadiz (not listed here- It on our itinerary!)
Isn’t this what cruising is about?!
Theatre is stunning onboard
Beautiful birthday cake - we really enjoyed sharing with our new dining fri
Bed comfy in inside cabin.
We went through a lock on way into Netherlands- great to see it on TV even
Floating Flower market In Amsterdam
Found this VW sculpture in Amsterdam shopping centre!

I believe you get back what you give, If you like to find fault with everything I am sure you can spend your cruise doing this. I am fortunate to have married a like minded positive thinker and we are thoroughly enjoying our time onboard the Magnifica. Apparently I was born with a smile on my face and I know I have been walking around the ship beaming and I have had so many of the staff say nice things. Please don’t judge tired bar staff as surly when in fact they have been working since 5am and still hard at it near midnight! Take time to be nice to them and see how things improve!

We are black members because we transferred our ‘loyalty status’ with NCL to MSC by filling out a couple of forms and sending them. This meant we had fruit and chocolate strawberries and a bottle of bubbly on ice in our cabin on arrival.

We can visit the specialty restaurant twice for no charge. I went to speak to them last nite and they agreed they can change the usually ‘set’ menu as we do not eat seafood. We will be served veg sushi and pad Thai without the fish just chicken. It’s my birthday while I am aboard and I will have a complimentary cake.

Interior Stateroom

Cabin I2

Cabin-We booked an inside cabin at the front of the ship. We were very happy with it as we wanted to keep price down as we’ve had another long cruise this year. The room was fine. We are good sailors so even a fairly choppy crossing on the Bay of Biscay was fine. I heard midship people saying they found it choppy so I guess it depends on how you travel. Just take sea sickness tablets with you. Little noisy while next door flush loo but didn’t last long-a minute at the most.

The bed was comfortable there is adequate storage and it was kept scrupulously clean by our Cabin person Ketut (Suka). As we chose the double bed layout this meant the pull down bed did get in the way when getting in and out the bed but small prove to pay for such a good value room!

TV screen very small but was useful to see what the weather was like outside and to watch our arrivals in port.

8 Helpful Votes