3. Celebrity Equinox
Over the past few years, we have cruised with Princess and Celebrity. In the past, I would choose based on itinerary and price. A funny thing happened on the way to the forum :). Last November, we were taking my wife's sister and brother in law on a Princess cruise. They canceled at the last minute so we lost a bit of money on their deposit and flight. We opted to upgrade our balcony to a suite since we already expected to spend that amount of money. It is a funny thing about cruising. Every time you move up a stateroom class, it is difficult to go backwards. We opted to go with the Celebrity Suite on this cruise. Was it expensive? Yes, but we saw value in this selection. I get some of the readers may say less is more and I get it but we were celebrating my wife's birthday and this was beyond special. The following is why we will select Celebrity as our first choice and why the Suite Life is truly sweet (a quote from our new friends we met on this cruise). Michael's Club We had a special boarding area and were escorted with other suite guests to Michael's lounge. All carry on luggage was held by the staff Michaels. You can use the shore side concierge that is assigned to you. We did not but our ship concierge staff, Adriana, was amazing. Adriana obtained an appointment for me to the glass blowing demonstration. Granted, you are paying around 70 dollars for the experience but it was amazing and a MUST DO when you are on the Equinox or similar ship. Trust me when I tell you, there were many guests that wished they had done this. One evening at Michael's Club, we had silent disco. If you have never tried this, it is incredibly fun. Everyone has headphones on and listens to one of 3 stations. It is fun to take off your headphones and people watch. It is on the verge of hilarious to see people dancing and singing (off tune and I am the worse) without hearing music. My wife and I loved it. Special dining area for suite class customers. All food is cooked to order and if there is something special you want, it is no problem. The wait staff is truly exceptional and have worked hard to make it to this restaurant. There is not a need to go to a specialty restaurant although we did on night. Chef's table - a true dining experience. Well worth the $300 dollars. 6 course meal with wine. The executive chef, the head sommelier and a ship's officer (Ours was Manolo, the HR manager) are present. The ship's officer dines with you and the executive chef and sommelier are present at each course. We went to a speciality restaurant the following evening and although it was very nice, I think we were still mesmerized by our chef's table experience. Butler - at first, our butler seemed a bit off as we did not fully use him. He was delightful and wanted us to know he was at our disposal. My wife started ordering her morning coffee and a light bite. We started accepting his offers of afternoon tea in Michaels along with hor'dourves in the stateroom in the afternoon. The butlers also worked the special seating areas on formal night for suite class. The butler also overstocked our water daily and there were many little things he provided along the way. Suzy's bday - The concierge, the concierge manager, and the butler sent a birthday bouquet to our suite for Suzy's bday. What a great surprise. Stateroom attendant and amenities - full bath and upgraded amenities. The stateroom attendants are at the very top of their game. We have always been very lucky to have had great service from our stateroom attendants and ours was no exception. The suite offered the "Go Best". WIFI, premium Drink Package, gratuities, and a 300 OBC. We normally choose the concierge class (C1) and receive two of these options but we pay to upgrade our drink package to premium. I base the value on the total spend and it was really not that much more expensive for our suite class than the C1 category especially when you factor in the additional amenities. We did add additional gratuities to all of the folks that helped out but we normally do that with any class. We have been on 20 cruises thus far and this has been the best experience yet.

Simply Amazing!!!

Celebrity Equinox Cruise Review by straightskinny13

We have been on 20 cruises thus far and this has been the best experience yet.
straightskinny13’s Full Rating Summary
Get Celebrity Equinox price drops

Celebrity Suite
Cabin CS 1622
Amazing - Large room and balcony (around 500 square total). Separate sitting area with door (not curtain). Full size bath with amazing shower head and 1/2 glass door / 1/2 curtain. Butler attended to our needs along with stateroom attendant. Large walk in closet and amazing bed. Two large TVs but not necessary but nice to have in the background.
Penthouse Deck Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins