3. Royal Princess
I was sad that I live in the British Isles and rarely visit places closer to home, so thought that this would be a great and economic way to see lots of places in Ireland and scotland in one go. Plus the cruise also stops in northern France (Le Havre) as well as the Channel Island Guernsey - although because this is a tender port our cruise didn't stop there as the sea was too rough. The places visited were awseome. Loved Dublin and in particular Belfast - I did an all-day ship excursion along the Antrim Coast to Giant's Causeway and then crossed the Carrick-A-Rede rope bridge which was scary but fun. Plus from Invergordon (Inverness) I visited the loch ness, which I've always wanted to see. I loved Royal Princess. It was even warm enough to sunbathe on the Lido Deck and because everyone else was out in port all day, if I was on the ship and only did a half day then I tended to have the pool to myself. Here you can see everything I'm talking about: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AEcBvlGQRhU I thought the food was good too. Horizon Court was good and there was always something I fancied eating. Unlike most people I'm sure, I wasn't a major fan of the huge new area dedicated to cakes/desserts - I'd have preferred to see more savoury options. The Symphony main dining room was nice, but not outstanding (in my opinion) and I've had better food on Princess cruises before, but I did eat two sensational meals in the speciality restaurants: at Crown Grill (the filet mignon is superb) and Sabatini's too. I also learned that there is a 'summer sangria' drink - ie. a white wine sangria - something I'd never heard of before! And do make use of International Café on Deck 5. I have never used this café so much before, but their coffees are excellent (you do have to pay extra) and they also do a lovely range of salads and soups that AREN'T in Horizon Court which are nice for lunch. You don't have to worry about getting a table and it's not fraught and busy like Horizon Court can sometimes be. Having lunch at the International Café makes it a nice, calm experience and because there's not too much choice you wont' overeat and then can enjoy your dinner more. win-win. I liked my cabin - a double balcony cabin aft on deck 11 - and it's walk-in open-style wardrobe and I especially liked the fact that the same new-release movies played on the big screen at the lido deck could be watched in cabins for free and on demand - and if you couldn't watch in one go then you could pick up where you left later. I wasn't a major fan of the clingy curtains in the shower, however, and the balcony could have been bigger. You can see what I mean here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7kUgsMQ7K3I I enjoyed a couple of shows, although I never got to see the new Stephen Schwartz show which is meant to be amazing. The staff were all excellent - I was really impressed. Always smiling and always helpful - apart from the man at the Internet Café who clearly wasn't impressed at my lack of wifi understanding! But really, overall, the whole cruise was excellent and none of my above niggles made a difference to my enjoyment.

Amazing British Isles cruise

Royal Princess Cruise Review by cruiseloverfromlondon

cruiseloverfromlondon’s Full Rating Summary
Get Royal Princess price drops

Balcony
Cabin BD B706
I really liked the cabin - it would fit a third person, but that wasn't relevant for my stay. The open wardrobe gave it a great sense of space. Bed was good. TV excellent. You can watch all the movies shown on Movies Under the Stars for free in the cabin and if you can't watch it all in one go then you can resume where you left off later. It's amazing. I loved it. The bathroom was fine, the usual standard. Balcony ditto - would have liked more space on the balcony. Here's what my cabin looked like: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7kUgsMQ7K3I
Riviera Deck Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins

• Giant's Causeway
    The giant's causeway was amazing - I hadn't appreciated quite how dramatic/spectacular it would be, nor that you can clamber all over it. Plus we had amazing weather for it too. We also crossed the Carrick-A-Rede rope bridge afterward which really was the cherry on the cake. The scenery was all so stunning that even though I'm British and Belfast is in the UK, I kept feeling like I was abroad.
    View All 82 Giant's Causeway Reviews
  • Invergordon (Inverness)
    Our guide Pat was excellent - she even sang in Gaelic to us! And I couldn't possibly come here without visitng Nessie. I enjoyed exploring the castle ruins too...this was only a half-day excursion so I had a quick lunch back on the ship and then went back out into Invergordon. It's only small, but has some nice little souvenir shops and restaurants selling Scottish dishes like haggis etc. There is also a famous golf course here which is a nice 30 minute walk away and I went to have a look, though not to play golf! But I found this a perfect day...
    View All 12,804 Invergordon (Inverness) Cruise Port Reviews