3. Disney Dream
This cruise is my fourth; having done one with Holland America, one with Carnival, and one with Norwegian. We took this cruise because our son (4 years old) is obsessed with Marvel and we thought this would be a great Disney opportunity for him. The dining was fine. The buffet was no different than any other cruise, and we actually enjoyed the sit down dinners. We were initially turned off when we received the 2nd seating (8:15), however we luckily got changed to first seating (6:00). The room was ok. It was smaller than the verandah/mini suites we normally get, but we enjoyed it had a sliding deck door. The bathroom and shower however were terrible. They split them into two seperate rooms, making them extremely small and uncomfortable. We also had both flood on day 4 for no reason. Also, our room service was terrible. Now to the first reason I give this 2 stars at best: the kids. This ship is a floating animal farm, with parents who worry more about their midlife crisis bodies than disciplining their children. My 4 yr old had 12 year olds jumping over and pushing him in the 18 inch pool; all while mother dearest was fixing her bikini so the 18 year old would notice. I had 11 and 12 year olds pushing my son so they could see Dr. Strange. Which leads me to my second issue: the program. Disney did a terrible job tailoring the cruise for children. I'm sorry, but at a certain point you realize Santa isn't real. So I get irritated when I'm waiting 40 minutes, and missing other things, so my 4 year old can get a picture with CPT America because people in their 40s want pictures with him too. SERIOUSLY?!?! Are you going to hang that at work?! Disney needs to make time strictly for the kids. They also didn't taylor the events for kids with needs. My son is shy, but he wanted to do the Avengers Academy. The event was 'closed', meaning no adults. We stood there and tried to seek away, but he wanted us to stay since he felt uncomfortable with 11 to 14 yr olds siting on his hands and pushing him. Disney needs to segregate the children better or allow parents to stay. All in all, my son got his Marvel Day, after many hours complaining to the Captain, but we will never go again.

Lord of the Flies