3. Carnival Paradise
My husband and I chose this cruise date for our honeymoon/wedding celebration, to enjoy with family and friends. The 5 days seemed liked the perfect amount of time and the dates worked great because we figured it was after spring break and before summer so the crowds would not be as bad. It was our first cruise and also the first cruise for many of our party and majority of our party are not sure we ever want to cruise again and most definitely, not with Carnival. I want to start b saying that the stateroom and bathroom size was larger than expected; the coffee was pretty good and the sit down restaurant was good (if you don't mind the occasional smell of sewage). Other than that, I could complain about everything else. I also want to note I have NEVER wrote a bad review so I am not one to complain. I just hope to save some one else the money and save their experience. The food was all mediocre (other than the restaurant). At one breakfast from the buffet, I had eggs, bacon, toast and potatoes. I found myself kind of forcing myself to eat these items and finally put he plate aside and opted for a bowl of cereal. There was not one item on the plate that I could actually say I liked and I do like breakfast food. Pretty sad that I had to eat cereal instead of stuffing my face with all the mazing food I expected. Also, the only 24 hour food that was available was pizza which was nothing to talk about. want a late night chocolate cookie? Don't count on it, the dessert bar, salad bar, buffet, burgers and tacos are not available. Now for the drinks, we purchased the CHEERS package for my husband and myself and the BUBBLES package for my daughter (we also paid for the gratuity). The idea of going up to any bar and ordering a drink with no bill was wonderful, however the service was not what we expected. In fact, it was like we were bothering the bar tender and this goes or the 3 main bars that we used; the Red Frog, the Blue Iguana and the bar that was located next to the pizza station. Now keep in mind The Blue Iguana was hardly ever open so that left the 2 to 3 bar tenders at the Red Frog to serve everyone that was at the pool area. We had gorgeous weather for our trip so it seemed that everyone was at the pool area. Those poor bar tenders seemed to be there from morning until midnight. I am sure they were tired and seemed over worked, but I am sure they need the money. However, we could wait anywhere from 5 to 12 minutes before even being asked what we would like. People would walk up to bar after us and would be served first. We did not tip every time (we did pay for that ahead of time), but other times we would tip. There was one bar tender named Billy that worked the bar Thursday night and we all made sure to tip him well because he was a pleasure and entertaining. I would also like to say that we had 22 people in our party and 16 of use purchased the CHEERS package, so they more than made their money. As mentioned earlier, we brought our daughter who is 6 years old and this was also her first cruise. What a disappointment she had on the size of the pool. When we firs boarded the ship and saw the size of the pool we were so sure that there HAS to be another pool on board. Goodness we were wrong and it didn't take long for the pool to fill up and stayed filled up. The pool never felt inviting. I will say however that I was impressed with the cleaning of the pool. At one point some one did a #2 in the pool (yes, you read that correctly!). The staff came in and not only disposed of the feces, they drained, scrubbed the inside of the pool and refilled. More than I would have thought. Now, there were 4 hot tubs on board; 2 that are for 21 and older so we were left with 2 hot tubs for my daughter which also stayed full. The slide was great and we enjoyed the multiple slides. However there is no shade at the slide area, which is great until you think about sitting out there for several hours watching your kid and some shade would be nice. The Ocean camp service was ok the only evening we used the services. My daughter seemed to have enjoyed her self. However, that is the only day we used the service because that day the sun was not out and it didn't feel like a sauna. We tried to take her to the camp earlier that week and where the camp was located the sun was beating through the windows and it was soooo hot in the room. When trying to locate our muster station and when trying to get to our tenders there was no assistance given by the crew members. It seemed that the entire ship walked around lost and were made to go up and down many levels of steps (elevators were always full and not going in the same direction). This was not too bad of a task for us at our age, nu my 83 year old grandma and his grandma that had shoulder surgery 3 weeks prior to our trip, didn't enjoy the wild goose chase. And no kidding, to find the level the tenders were located on, we had to go up and then down and that was never instructed.. I feel like I could keep going, however I feel like many will get my point. We waited in line for everything (some lines are reasonable); never had the chance to enjoy the pathetic excuse of a pool for a ship with that many people; the food was no where close to the taste it should have been (I was tolerable other than breakfast); and the kid activities were lacking majorly. We have now been hearing from others how amazing Royal Caribbean and other cruise lines are and we regret not using them. Hope this helps some one from making the same mistake, because I know we were so excited about this cruise and when I got off the ship, I found myself trying to convince myself that was great (I mean I was on vacation, on the ocean and not doing dishes), but it was anything from great.

Such a let down!

Carnival Paradise Cruise Review by britthaller20

britthaller20’s Full Rating Summary
Ages 3 to 6
Get Carnival Paradise price drops

Cabin E169
much larger than expected, room was kept up nicely, however almost every night we were woke up by sounds that sounded like tables being drug across the floor above us, but it was tolerable.
  Carnival Paradise Deck Plans