• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19

First Time Cruiser • Age 30s

Sail Date: May 2018
Cabin:
Traveled with children

My husband and I chose this cruise date for our honeymoon/wedding celebration, to enjoy with family and friends. The 5 days seemed liked the perfect amount of time and the dates worked great because we figured it was after spring break and before summer so the crowds would not be as bad. It was our first cruise and also the first cruise for many of our party and majority of our party are not sure we ever want to cruise again and most definitely, not with Carnival.

I want to start b saying that the stateroom and bathroom size was larger than expected; the coffee was pretty good and the sit down restaurant was good (if you don't mind the occasional smell of sewage). Other than that, I could complain about everything else. I also want to note I have NEVER wrote a bad review so I am not one to complain. I just hope to save some one else the money and save their experience.

The food was all mediocre (other than the restaurant). At one breakfast from the buffet, I had eggs, bacon, toast and potatoes. I found myself kind of forcing myself to eat these items and finally put he plate aside and opted for a bowl of cereal. There was not one item on the plate that I could actually say I liked and I do like breakfast food. Pretty sad that I had to eat cereal instead of stuffing my face with all the mazing food I expected. Also, the only 24 hour food that was available was pizza which was nothing to talk about. want a late night chocolate cookie? Don't count on it, the dessert bar, salad bar, buffet, burgers and tacos are not available.

Cabin Oceanview

much larger than expected, room was kept up nicely, however almost every night we were woke up by sounds that sounded like tables being drug across the floor above us, but it was tolerable.

Port Reviews

Grand Cayman (Georgetown)

we took a taxi to a local beach and the water was beautiful!

Find a Carnival Paradise Cruise from $219