3. Norwegian Dawn
I chose this cruise for my boyfriend and I because it seemed like a good bang for your buck at the time. Plus, I'm not a huge fan of flying and thought this could be a fun alternative. The cruise itself was super easy to book and board. When we got on the ship, we were the youngest people traveling alone, we're 25. Everyone was very old and very slow moving (not to mention the judgemental looks and entitlement to the elevator). The food was terrible. Part of the appeal to the cruise was that the food would be good and easy. Unless you were willing to pay for a full meal every night, you are eating the fattiest, lowest grade meat and the blandest options of everything else. It was a week of french fries and soft serve. You couldn't bring your own booze, the booze package was $800 per person, and if you did pay for the $11 mixed drinks there was barely any alcohol in it. The island we went to, Bermuda, was absolutely amazing. We rented mopeds and did the excursions we were interested in on our own, beating crowds and saving money (the places didn't charge as much as the cruise line charges). Back to the boat for two days of $50 bingo and french fries and both my boyfriend and I contracted scabies from the mattress. Awesome. If you want to spend $2000 to be with the dinosaurs of the country, eat mush and get scabies than the Norwegian Dawn is for you!

The Fun went from "Maybe" to "Scabies"

Norwegian Dawn Cruise Review by emilyannegrant

• Sail Date: May 2018
  • Destination: Bermuda
  • Cabin Type: Mid-Ship Oceanview Porthole Window
emilyannegrant’s Full Rating Summary
Get Norwegian Dawn price drops

Mid-Ship Oceanview Porthole Window
Cabin OF 4586
The cabin was very well kept and the attendant was amazing. One morning we woke up and the sheets had come up on my boyfriends side of the bed revealing a nasty mattress. We got scabies.
Deck 4 Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins