This was a first time cruise for us and the main reason for this choice was to be able to visit 4 ports. Apparently there was a technical issue with the ship, which meant that we would not be stopping at Oporto in Portugal. We also didn't go ashore in Guernsey, this was because of the ridiculous amount of time waiting for a Tender. We still have not had any clear answer of what the technical issue was and I am presently waiting for a reply from P&O. I wrote to them to ask why no compensation has been offered for the missed port. Pretty sure I will either get no reply or if they do reply, they will simply fob me off with some small print from their terms and conditions and will state that they don't ever give refunds or compensation. As this was out first ever cruise, we didn't know what to expect. However, before we booked the cruise I did read lots of reviews about various cruise ships. On nearly all the reviews people were saying that being on such big ships we would hardly notice any movement. We were really shocked by the amount of rolling around while we were at sea. It was quite bizarre because the sea was so calm. I can't believe that this was a normal amount of movement and I wonder if it could have been due to the technical issue the ship had. The movement was so strong that most of the swimming pools were closed a good number of times during the cruise. this was a bit of a spoiler for me because I wanted to go for a swim every day. I did take some video footage showing the swimming pools sloshing about and being covered with nets to stop people using them. I would love to be able to speak to some seasoned cruisers that travelled on this particular cruise to find out if they felt this was normal. My girlfriend really suffered with sea sickness during our cruise and it has put her off ever going on another cruise. I am trying to convince her that perhaps this wasn't how it would be next time (unless of course the sea is rough). If anyone can shed any light on this matter or even if anyone knows exactly what the technical issue was, I would love to hear from you. Please feel free to email me: chris.lewis143@ntlworld.com During our cruise we had an inside cabin which was very adequate for us. The cabin was very clean and we were well looked after by our cabin steward Colin. We choose freedon dining, which again was perfect for us and it meant that we could plan our dining around all the entertainment. The food was really nice in the main buffet with loyts of variety and we also enjoyed the lovely food and excellent service in Saffron, which we used on two of our nights. The entertainment was superb. The singers and dancers obviously worked extremely hard every night putting on two shows each night. The visiting acts were also very good. Our overall experience of the service was excellent. Everyone seemed to be very polite and always had a smile for us. Would we go on this ship or another cruise? Not sure at this stage because we need to determine if we would experience the same amount of movement that we did on Ventura or whether this was an abnormal amount of movement due to the technical issue, bearing in mind that the sea was very calm. Obviously we would expect to feel some movement if the sea was rough.

MISSED PORT AND TOO MUCH WOBBLY TIME AT SEA

sidekick180’s Full Rating Summary
Get P&O Ventura price drops

Inside Twin with Shower
Cabin OD D524
Big enough for us and very clean, The cabin steward did an excellent job of keeping our room clean and well stocked. Unfortunately since the refit in March, we were unable to view our on-board spend on the TV. Apparently this was because the new system on the ship did not allow for this function. We had to queue up daily at reception to gat a statement to see what we had been spending. this was very tedious.
  Ventura Deck Plans