3. Royal Princess
Princess had initially refused to give us a 'real' refund for shore excursion that Princess cancelled. The last port of call Le Havre on the day before disembarkation, was cancelled due to high winds. Consequently the shore excursions at this port were cancelled and Princess would refund passengers for the cancelled excursions. As we had used onboard credits to purchase the excursions, what we got back from Princess was a 'non-refundable' credit, which must be used on this voyage. But we had no chance to spend it, all shops and boutiques on the ship were closed. This credit is of no value to us !! We spoke to the Passengers Services, they were no help, they told us to speak to Princess. We emailed Princess UK office (that is the address provided by the Passengers Services ) who in turn forwarded our email to Princess US office. A Customer Relations personnel called on May 15. She said that they would not refund us, nor transfer the credit to our future cruise, because that is their policy. We had a heated argument. I asked her if Princess is willing to lose a valued loyal customer over $178.00. She said that there's nothing she could do and that there's no higher level of management that could help me. I was not happy. I was ready to take this to social media to resolve this. She called back a while later and said our case would be under review by upper management. She called back a few days later to give us the good news. Princess did the right thing finally. They will transfer the credit to our future cruise credits. We are happy that Princess did the right thing, finally. I would have ranked our cruise experience with a '4'. However, because of the hassle and stress that we had to go through to get our credits in the rightful way, I have to downgrade it to 3. Royal Princess is a beautiful ship. We cruised with Regal before. Love both ships. Having said there, I wish the casino is enclosed so that the cigarette smell and smoke would not diffuse to the surrounding public areas and boutiques. Cabin is adequate and well kept. The carept could use some deep cleaning. Staff in the main dining room (Concerto) is efficient and helpful, but the food is often too salty, overcooked and boring. Horizon maintains a better standard throughout, in terms of food taste and quality and selections, but it is always too crowded and busy. Alfredo has good pizza. International cafe has good food, but service is slow and sluggish, the one exception is the gentleman in the night shift, he is always cheery and upbeat! Entertainment is great overall. The pianist, Tien Jiang is superb. The 3 musical productions are quite good, yes, the music could be less loud. Matt O, is the BEST Cruise Director that I have ever met!! He is witty and energetic! I have never seen anyone who works so tirelessly to infuse fun and laughter to everyone. He deserves a 10*

Princess did the right thing to turn a bad experience into a good one!!

Royal Princess Cruise Review by Circecalypso

• Sail Date: April 2018
  • Destination: Transatlantic
  • Cabin Type: Interior

Cabin is adequate and well kept. The carept could use some deep cleaning.

Circecalypso’s Full Rating Summary
Get Royal Princess price drops

Interior
Cabin IB
cabin adequate and well kept.
Carpet needs deep cleaning.
Marina Deck Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins