Grand Celebration Cruise Review

Grand Celebration Cruise Review by NauticalAuria

• Sail Date: Mar 2018
  • Destination: the Bahamas

Mid March 2018

All aspects of this cruise adequate to wonderful.

We arrived at the Port early and were dropped off by Uber, so that part was super easy.

Because we didn’t use the Valet service, I can’t comment on that part.

The attendants taking our luggage were quick & efficient, watch closely to be sure all of your tags have your exact cabin # .

The process to receive your cabin key and be given your “onboard materials” is a bit choppy, I’m not sure how that could be improved but it involves quite a bit of standing and waiting.

Once on the ship, everyone is allowed to go immediately to the Main Buffet. Personally I found the choices ok to very good, it was easy to make a nice salad, meat choices were delicious and the cooked veggies were all quite tasty.

The included beverages were better on Bahamas Paradise than on other ships. We could choose from:

1. Sweetened Açai Iced Tea

2. Unsweetened Iced Tea

3. Lemonade

4. Tea , Coffee, Decaf

Yes, I understand that most cruises offer the above beverages without an extra charge, however on this ship the Serving area was more accesible, better organized, kept very neat and of a high quality when compared to Royal Caribbean & Carnival. It wasn’t presented as an afterthought or done in such a way that one felt forced to purchase a soft drink package.

I had an empty reusable water bottle, it was useful for bringing iced tea back to my cabin easily.....wash it out and use for refills. Mine had a shoulder strap and secure top.

We purchased the one hour unlimited wine party tasting, it was $12 and lots of fun to sample wine that one wouldn’t ordinarily obtain.

I’d read on other reviews that the Cruise ship employees really push the ( $70.00) ten drink package, however once we purchased the “wine tasting cocktail party” , we were left alone.

The luggage arrived to the cabin in a timely manner, the cabin was spacious, beautiful & clean. The mini fridge, balcony , terry cloth robes, closets, toiletries etc were all adequate. Both tub and shower were in fine working condition. . . although not simple to figure out.

Fresh fruit, Free room service food choices, hot coffee etc were a pleasant surprise, I did tip the wait staff extra.

The one problem area were the European electrical plugs, even though we knew ahead to bring adapters and extension cords , they still seemed inconveniently placed and there were not enough of them. My advice would be to bring two longer extension cords and 5/6 European adapters.

Comedians, music and Entertainmnt were all ok.

The swimming pools were adequate and it was easy to leave the ship in the Bahamas and return to it. Cab rides were about $10 round trip, hot and not really comfy. That part is in need of improvement.

Going thru customs using our passports was quick without any issues or endlessly waiting in slowly moving long lines.

Considering how many very negative reviews I’d read about this mini cruise, overall I was pleased and did not have or see those awful things published by so many others.

NauticalAuria's Full Rating Summary

Cabin Balcony V14

Please see above, I’ve includrd comments about the cabin.

Not brand new but it was clean, spacious & adequate

NauticalAuria