3. Celebrity Solstice
We have sailed with Celebrity for years, enjoying many of their ships and cruises. We booked this cruise, starting in Hawaii and going on to Canada. It's fair to say that we are now unkeen to remain with Celebrity. Starting by saying that the room steward and our waiters were fabulous. I have simple dietary needs. Well, simple to explain, but apparently almost impossible to deliver on board, it seems, for reasons too mysterious. The hotel before the cruise managed fine. Other restaurants on land manage fine. The hotel after the cruise managed fine. I am not a chef and can manage to feed myself effortlessly. On Celebrity, the chef for Blu managed by just not giving me food. For example, each day, I'd watch the other diners with their basket of bread. For me, nothing. Their meals had sauces. For me, nothing. They had a full range of desserts. For me, same one offered every night, barring one where the lovely waiters took pity on me. Cakes -nothing. Pastries - nothing. The actual waiters and staff were good. But I was left truly hungry on the ship. The cafe had foods that nearly all contained the things I can't eat. The grill likewise. The 'highlight' for me was a main course which consisted of one dry piece of meat balanced on two burned brussels sprouts. I actually burst into tears afterwards. Interestingly, the male diner next to me was given sauces I could easily eat, so the chef could do them. He just didn't bother with mine each time. The waiters tried their best to improvise, but they are not the chefs. Then, there was the nightmare flight on their preferred partner from LA to Honolulu, Delta, booked via Celebrity. We arrived in pain and exhausted, unfed and with nothing to drink. Crammed into tiny uncomfortable seats for six hours. Having paid for an upgraded service, we even had to pay for a snack that I couldn't then eat. Then, their transfers to and from the ship and hotels, again organised by Celebrity. Don't ask how two of the four of those went. But if you enjoy paying a lot of money for a car transfer that turns up an hour late, or one that drops you unexpectedly in the middle of an unknown town at near-midnight, some distance from your hotel, with four heavy cases, you're in the right place. "Oh the road's closed ahead - I'll have to leave you here. The hotel is just round the corner". It wasn't. No attempt to find anywhere closer. Again, left in huge pain trying to get the cases to the hotel. As a disabled traveller, Celebrity have always been good until now. This time...I just can't explain how exhausting it was. Celebrity, you need to do better than this. We've been very loyal and, as normally-suite-level customers, spent a lot of money with you. We are in conversation with their guest relations people.

Our first demoralising cruise with Celebrity after many good ones

Celebrity Solstice Cruise Review by Featherways

• Sail Date: April 2018
  • Destination: Hawaii

As a disabled traveller, Celebrity have always been good until now.

This time...I just can't explain how exhausting it was.

We are in conversation with their guest relations people.
Featherways’s Full Rating Summary