3. Insignia
We specifically chose this cruise because of the itinerary. We were expecting a wonderful experience but from the first night on board our expectations which started very high soon went downhill fast. I was in the middle of cleaning my teeth when the water went off, no prior warning, it just stopped! After about 10 minutes it eventually came back but it was not clear and looked like coffee. I left the water running but it continued to be coffee coloured so eventually gave up and used the bottled water left in the room. Now this has happened in the past on other ships but usually a notification that the water is going to be turned off at a certain time is given. Just glad I was not in the shower! I pulled the plug from the sink and the water came flooding out from the drain hole in the bathroom floor, this happened on quite a few occasions. The ship broke down twice on the voyage but we did only miss one port of call due to being unable to tender. Our cabin (or stateroom) was very comfortable and we did spend a lot of time in our cabin but the loungers on the balcony were very old and broken and not what I would have expected from this cruise line. Once you start to look around you get the impression that money is not being spent on updating certain items like the loungers on deck, these were in desperate need of replacement and what you would find in a 2* hotel in Spain not a luxury cruise line. The food in the Grand Dining room was also disappointing. The appetiser, soup and dessert usually were ok but the main course never seemed to come as you would expect and if you were vegetarian, the choice was very limited and sometimes absolutely disgraceful, even the waiter said “I would not recommend that you have the vegetarian option”! The ship never arrived in port on time which meant that time ashore was shortened and on one occasion we lost three hours from our day ashore. The shore excursions were not always that good and were very, very expensive. The entertainment is very repetitive, there were not enough guest speakers, we had two, one absolutely brilliant but the other one was a bit boring. All in all if it was not for the very friendly and helpful staff which made our experience bearable we might have jumped ship early. I could say more but I think you get the picture that we were very disappointed and I do not think we were the only ones. A comment made from a lady due to embark the ship at the last port of call was to look around the shops “if it keeps me from having to get on board that ship”! We have no intention of going with this cruise line again.

In need of a lot of updating and maintenance!

Insignia Cruise Review by Lynn.R

• Sail Date: April 2018
  • Destination: Asia
  • Cabin Type: Penthouse Suite

We have no intention of going with this cruise line again.
Lynn.R’s Full Rating Summary
Get Oceania Insignia price drops

Penthouse Suite
Cabin PH2 8042
Our cabin was surprisingly comfortable, very spacious light and airy. We spent a lot of time in our cabin as the main public areas were not cosy and the chairs uncomfortable. Shame about the balcony loungers which needed replacing but this was the only letdown. Bathroom problems due to lack of maintenance.
Deck 8 Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins