3. Serenade of the Seas
We chose this cruise because it had an itinerary that covered a lot of our bucket list. We were not disappointed; the ports of call were wonderful. Embarkation was seamless; we were on the ship in 10 minutes after arriving at the dock. The weather in Lauderdale was beautiful but that quickly changed after the first day at sea. Unfortunately we were unable to get much time on deck unless we were bundled up in winter gear. By the third sea day the winds continued to increase and we were experiencing high swells. The doors to the deck were sealed and the "white" bags were strategically placed around the ships. Fortunately none of us got sick thanks to Bonine, no nausea at all and we continued to enjoy the food and dining venues. After six days at sea, we were happy to reach land (Punta del Gada, Azores) and from there on, we were kept very busy moving from port to port. Except for a very cold, windy and rainy day at the beaches of Normandy, all other port days were gloriously beautiful. We had two private tours (Azores and Cork, Ireland) arranged through our CC thread; and due to time constraints, we felt more secure taking two ship's tours (Beaches of Normandy and the Keukenhoff Tulip Festival in Amsterdam). We did DIY in Brugge, Brussels and Copenhagen. Again, what wonderful ports they all were. We had My Time Dining and never had a wait since I had previously made reservations on line. Food in the Dining Room was great some nights, other nights it was just fair. To be honest, I'm not that fussy as long as I don't have to cook and serve a meal. We pretty much had the same two waiters depending on which table we were at. Both were very attentive; no complaints there. The food in the Windjammer was good, varied and plentiful. Didn't know what to choose each day. We had lunch in the dining room a few days, which we really enjoyed. We at at Giovanni's Table one night and while my cruise mates raved about it, I thought it was just okay and not really worth the up charge. Speaking of up charges, RCI was relentless in hawking the pay dining venues. Could have done without that. Speaking of up charges, that is why I did not rate this cruise a 5. It seems as though everything that used to be included in the price of your cruise, now has a charge and doesn't come cheap. You want to learn to make cupcakes - you pay $25 for that class. You want to take a wine tasting class - another up charge. Pilates, Yoga, Spinning - more charges. The ship was very clean and well kept. She is holding her age well. The "free" activities during sea days could have been better and more of a variety . There was plenty of trivia, dance classes and karaoke. The cruise director, Carly, and her staff were wonderful and tried really hard to be accessible and available to everyone. The enrichment classes were not to our liking and we had little interest in them. Debarkation in Copenhagen was just as smooth as embarkation and were were at our hotel by 8:30 AM! I wouldn't hesitate to do another Transatlantic in the future. All in all, it was a great cruise with very few disappointments.

Great Transatlantic Cruise

Deenkid’s Full Rating Summary
Get Royal Caribbean Serenade of the Seas price drops

Ocean View Balcony
Cabin 1D 8124
Verroll was our cabin attendant. He kept it immaculate and he made towels animals every night. We did not need them and wanted to tell him not to bother, but didn't want to hurt his feelings. All we asked was that we have ice in our bucket twice a day and it was always there. The location was perfect for us - slightly aft and not too far from the elevators.
Deck 9 Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins