3. Royal Clipper
First of all - the trip was on 5/5/18 French Riviera - Portofino & Monaco Timing & destinations were reason for the choice. Also size - though we prefer small yachts - this was a whole different adventure & great! We did not plan on doing any of the excursions and researched adventure type days for ourselves.The ship itself, as the size of room and patio were awesome. The ports were awesome, as were the crew and events. Here are the downsides -- for your future reference The beds were uncomfortable & comparable to the mattress at Phantom Ranch at the bottom of the grand canyon. The pillows were lumpy and the shades did not provide protection from light coming in. Additionally - anchor was pulled every night between midnight & 1am -- and it was impossible to think about sleeping thru that. Therefore, my sleep experience was awful - I slept between 3 & 5 hours every night. Paying close to $8k for our cruise - I would have expected at least comfortable sleep arrangements & they were not. On a plus side of the room - the cabin steward was great - the room was huge - the bath had a jacuzzi, medicine cabinet and was large -- plenty of storage everywhere. The choice of ports was phenomenal. Changes I'd recommend for the ship - new mattresses and shades for the rooms. Since all of our sails were short - they should be pulling anchor at 10:30 or 11PM latest - as everyone was on the ship & there was no reason not to. Or in the morning - as we didn't get into port until between 10-12PM most days -- so they could have easily been sensitive to sleep time. The dinners were mediocre - the desserts or veges were the highlight. Everywhere that we ate outside of the boat was excellent -- so they most definitely could have done a better job with their chef. The smaller yachts I've been on were sensitive to sleep and also the food was a 10. Plus the price was less. Harmony V (Greece) & Integrity (Galapagos)

Superb Sail & Destination Experience - mediocre food and uncomfortable sleeping

Royal Clipper Cruise Review by parisistack

First of all - the trip was on 5/5/18 French Riviera - Portofino & Monaco

The ports were awesome, as were the crew and events.

Here are the downsides -- for your future reference

The choice of ports was phenomenal.

parisistack’s Full Rating Summary
Get Star Clippers Royal Clipper price drops

The ship itself, as the size of room and patio were awesome.
The ports were awesome, as were the crew and events.
Here are the downsides -- for your future reference
The choice of ports was phenomenal.
  Royal Clipper Deck Plans