Disney Magic Cruise Review

They spoil you...then send you home.

Disney Magic Cruise Review by San127

• Sail Date: May 2018
  • Destination: the Bahamas
  • Cabin Type: Concierge 1-Bedroom Suite with Verandah

We had concierge suite 8582 and it was the most beautiful suite we have ever seen or stayed in. It was impeccably clean and and kept that way all 5 days. There was never a disappointment with the turn-down service or anything else related to the stateroom.

If you are fortunate enough to have Andrae as your wait service staff in the dining rooms you will never be disappointed. He made our granddaughter feel special and, for us, that's what we were looking for. He is such a hard worker and it is apparent that he strives to make you leave the dining room happier than when you came in. All of the food we had was just out of this world.

Speaking of happy; Andy from concierge was SO amazing! I wish I could remember the names of the young ladies in concierge because they were all so happy and willing to assist in any way they could to make you feel like you were the only people on that ship. I don't understand how they did that with 2,000 other people on it, but they did! Again...Andy, ladies, I can't thank you enough for making this first Disney Cruise for us so special.

Rina from the spa, thank you for giving me the most relaxing 2 hours I've had in a long time. Ladies, I recommend you write her name down and make an appointment with her as soon as you board the ship. Her skills are amazing and she makes you feel like you've known her forever.

There are two reasons I didn't give this experience 5 stars. The first is the character experience. I wish they could figure out a way to make the characters more accessible to the kids. With so many people, the lines were a mile long. The second reason is the swimming pools. There were so many people in the swimming pools that it was a place to get wet but no room to swim around. Kids were wall to wall. I don't know how it could be improved though. Neither of these things kept us from having an exceptional vacation. There is so much to do on the ship.

My granddaughter LOVED the Royal Tea with the princesses. Please book ahead. It is an amazing experience...and bring your princess dress!

Disney does such a great job making your little princes and princesses feel special. One can tell that a lot of thought goes into the experience for them.

San127's Full Rating Summary

Concierge 1-Bedroom Suite with Verandah
Cabin 00T 8582

This suite was so beautiful. We loved that there was a Murphy bed in the bedroom so our granddaughter could be in the same room with us but not in our bed and she really loved it. There were two bathrooms, a desk, a walk-in closet in the bedroom plus another closet across from the smaller bathroom. The sofa made into a bed but we didn't need that. The verandah went the whole length of the room. It also had a kitchenette and a table. We absolutely could not have asked for more.

Conch Train Tour

It was a great way to see a lot of things in 60 minutes. The driver was informative and funny. We enjoyed it.

View All 256 Conch Train Tour Reviews
Atlantis Resort

The water park was very nice. Even though there were a lot of people there we didn't feel like it hampered our ability to do what we wanted to do and have a great time.

View All 765 Atlantis Resort Reviews
Castaway Cay

Unfortunately, it rained after we were there for a couple of hours. We rented a cabana and, let me tell you, that is not just a cabana. Like everything else, it was amazing. They provided sand toys for the kids, inner tubes, rafts, beach chairs and lounge chairs. At your cabana there was a hammock, a huge furnished porch plus furniture inside the cabana. A stocked refrigerator with water, soda and a fruit plate. Pluses there was a basket of snacks and all the towels you would need. I liked that there was also a safe in the closet for our valuables. Lunch was provided. The BBQ they had was filled with all kinds of food as well as fruits and desserts.

When it rained we could close the walls to stay dry.

The cabanas were great but what really made this experience over the top was the concierge staff. They just did everything to make sure you were comfortable and having a great time.

We loved the water by the cabanas. It wasn't too deep and our granddaughter played there the whole time.

San127