3. Anthem of the Seas
I wanted a cruise that was more than 7 days; it seems that 7 just isn't enough any more; you just get relaxed and its time to go home. I would have done a 12 day but have a hard time getting something to fit in. Everything worked out well; we were offered an upgrade to a junior suite and we took it. The balcony made all the world of difference!! Such a nice change to have a large balcony with lounge chairs instead of just a chair. We also had a bathtub which made shaving your legs so much less dangerous. But I will tell you that the placement of the drain in the center of the tub is a bit awkward...I stepped on it, closing the drain constantly. I guess you take the good with the bad. But watch not to get your toe stuck; you can trip!. I travel with my girlfriend; we leave the husbands at home as they are both retired and choose not to travel. She and I both have busy lives, so getting away a couple times a year is great. Symphony in December is next! We enjoyed Chops for lunch very much but couldn't get back in...but we tried. We went to the American Icon Grill, had My Time Dining. Going at 5:15 got us in early enough because if you go later, you will wait in line. I found that Windjammer carried an extremely wide variety of foods completely unheard of to most people I spoke to and that was of concern to them. While understood of the need to cover a wide variety of cultures, it would seem that I had a hard time trying to find food I could eat since I didn't know what it had in it. If it would be identified, it would have helped. So I stuck to salads, chicken and other proteins I knew. The vegetables were barely cooked and I guess its all according to taste. But everything needs to be hotter; that would be my one concern and wish. We loved Bermuda; so crisp and clean. And Labadee was so relaxing; rented floating mats ($38 ea) at Nellie's Beach and just enjoyed the day. Perfect weather. DO NOT BRING extension cords!! No matter what you have read on Cruise Critic, you will not be allowed to have an extension cord or a power strip on Anthem. They will take it from you upon boarding. Why do I know this? I bring a fan...brought one on Harmony last May, brought one on Grandeur last November and I brought one May 3 on Anthem. They took it. And while there, you should have seen the extension cords, power strips, etc. that were taken. And what was the statement from every person??? We read it on Cruise Critic that there isn't enough outlets to plug in your chargers, etc. AND on top of this, we wouldn't have been able to plug the fan in anyway, since the plugs are all 3 prong. SO, do not bring these items. And also do not bring a hair dryer or an iron. These were taken as well and most people know that it is not allowed but yet so many were taken. Didn't go to any shows since we had done it on the first time we sailed with Anthem. Did notice they changed Michael's Genuine to Beer & Bock...so that restaurant has changed names. We did our rounds in the shops, checking out the goodies. Honestly, I think they should change up the goods. Its the same items each time and everyone has the same stuff. Time to move up the inventory. Let's talk about the jewelry store! We do buy jewelry in the Caribbean; everyone does! But for them to tell me there is no Kay's Fine Jewelry in the Caribbean just to make a sale is wrong. I know there is, I was just there in November where I bought a Shinola watch. She wanted to sell my friend a ring she was looking at; her quoted price wasn't good enough and we told her we would check at Kay's and she spouted "no Kay's there" and I couldn't believe my ears. Give me a decent price and we can talk. Don't lie! And I told her so! This was my 2nd Anthem cruise and I like this ship. My back is a bit achy because of the bed, but that's just me. I wish the movie rentals weren't so expensive because I like to rent movies and relax in my room late at night. We had amazing stateroom service from our steward; he was great!! Our transfer to the airport was good, no problems there. Go again!? Of course!! After being on 2 other cruise lines and experiencing their service, ships, food, etc. I still come back to RCCL. And after 30 cruises, I think they are still the best at what they do.

2nd time a charm; Get that jr. suite upgrade if you can! So worth it!!

Anthem of the Seas Cruise Review by babs22

• Sail Date: May 2018
  • Destination: Eastern Caribbean
  • Cabin Type: Junior Suite with Large Balcony

babs22’s Full Rating Summary
Get Royal Caribbean Anthem of the Seas price drops

Junior Suite with Large Balcony
Cabin J1 12232
Outstanding!! First time in a room this size and wish I could afford it every time. I would always entertain the option of updating each time because it is so much nicer with a larger room but funds do not always allow. But given the cost we were offered, we had to take it. Lots of space with a sofa, 2 chairs and table, a desk with chair and that glorious balcony!! OMG, so worth every dime! I called to see if we could upgrade on our cruise for Symphony but the cost was far more than 3 cruises in a regulars balcony room. So we are staying with what we have. Be glad we have that....
Deck 13 Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins

• Horseshoe Bay Beach
    A lovely place; water was beautiful though still a bit cold. Our driver was very knowledgeable (Brian Smith) and made the trip interesting. $18 to rent a lounge chair, so you can decide for yourself. Lots of incredible rock formations and pink sand beaches.
    View All 155 Horseshoe Bay Beach Reviews
  • Labadee
    We walked off, took the tram to Nellie's Beach. Rented a water mat $38 and had the best day. It was hot, the water was wonderful and we floated along while other enjoyed as well. There are nice cabins on the sides to rent, they have chairs and are so nice as well. Stairs to the water too! Do not know cost! There are restrooms, place for food and drink and chairs are free to lounge and get sun. A wonderful day. If you are so inclined, do the zip line over the water, Dragon's Breath which I did before. So much fun!! You won't regret it.
    View All 1,795 Labadee Cruise Port Reviews
    View Cruise Critic's Labadee Cruise Port Review
  • St. Maarten
    We walked around town, shopping and checking out the different stores and how they had rebuilt since the hurricane. Lots of work has been done and things are looking very well. Much good shopping to be done here. And the jewelry prices are great....go see our friends at Kay's!!
    View All 4,728 St. Maarten Cruise Port Reviews