1. Food excellent, 2. Disabled cabin and bathroom perfect. 3. Crew fantastic, friendly and attentive 4. Bars, restaurants, entertainment venues very good but some are very “dated”. 5. Embarkation and disembarkation very well organised and easy to cope with. 6. Lift system is random at best and inadequate at busy times.7. Signage is still poor. On the last day of our cruise there were still people wandering round trying to find which deck things were on. Now for the bad stuff... 1. One announcement from the bridge saying there were “ technical issues” so we would not be going to Oporto. No further explanations given. There was a suggestion that a longer stop in Lisbon would fix the “issue” (what was it - there seemed to be an engine problem???) It was no benefit to the aging and disabled population on board to stay in Lisbon until 3’oclock in the morning. EVERYONE I spoke with wanted to go to Oporto.To miss it out was appalling. So our first stop was Vigo where almost everything was closed as it was Sunday so that was rubbish. Our second stop was Lisbon - wonderful entrance and beautiful City. However as I had been there before it was of course Oporto I wanted to go to. Oh and then the last stop at Guernsey I had to stay on board as I couldn’t take my scooter with me.. So I paid all that money to see a town that was closed, to visit a town I had seen before and NOT to go to Oporto or Guernsey.( obviously I knew Guernsey might be difficult but I hoped...) But not Oporto. I see no benefit of the rearrangement - we could have left Lisbon an hour earlier than stated and sailed to Oporto (even for an hour less than stated) 2, You must change Vigo as that was really poor. 3. You must also do something with your intercom. Not audible in the cabin - had to rush to the corridor to catch the end of it. 4. Too much maintenance going on - painting, hammering, areas roped off. The ceiling panels were changed for new ones at the Waterside area. So less places to sit. The discarded panels, metal rods and other debris was left on either side of the area by the doors for the restt of the cruise 5. Shops were limited and poor unless you wanted posh handbags or perfume! Overall having spent 6 days on board and only visited one place that was ‘open’ and interesting, I couldn’t wait to get off the ship. This mini-cruise was to let us see if we would like cruising (we had only been on the QE2 before) but our experience was actually DREADFUL>

Visits ashore were dreadful

Ventura Cruise Review by Mungoeleanor

• Sail Date: May 2018
  • Destination: Europe
  • Cabin Type: Outside Twin with Balcony and Shower

Now for the bad stuff...

2, You must change Vigo as that was really poor.

5. Shops were limited and poor unless you wanted posh handbags or perfume!

Mungoeleanor’s Full Rating Summary