Carnival Paradise Cruise Review

The cruise was nice but the Spa at Carnival made me angry

Carnival Paradise Cruise Review by Vmb83

• Sail Date: May 2018
  • Destination: the Western Caribbean
  • Cabin Type: Interior

I chose to sail this cruise as I had taken the same one 2 years earlier with absolutely fabulous results.

The ship was very well kept, the cabin was super clean, dining was nice with amazing staff but the food was not anything to write home about (got the job done).

The entertainment was above average specifically Alvin the comedian was very funny and did a superb job in making the family show a success. The Hasboro Family Game show also was super fun for the entire family.

The shore excursions were fun I did Chankanaab with sea lion show and snorkeling (Cozumel) with lunch and the sea turtle sanctuary in Grand Cayman.

The only thing that made a sour taste was to find that I WON a $75 certificate for credit for spa services however they made it damn near impossible to use it finding excuse after excuse and this was awarded on the embarkation day as a promotional and Natasha the Spa Manager did not do anything to make it right of the Carnival Paradise 5/7-12-2018! Needless to say the spa services that I purchased for my Mom and myself were not at a discounted rate!

Vmb83's Full Rating Summary

Interior
Cabin 4B V8

The cabin was very clean, the beds were very comfy, and the room stewards were AMAZING!

Tampa

The arrival and departure to Tampa was quick and very friendly!

Turtle Farm

The Turtle farm was an interesting adventure with my family. Up side was it was a great narrated drive from the port to the farm. Down side was for 6 chicken tenders (1 order, 2 orders of mozzarella sticks-not great, 1 basket of fries, and 4 bottled sodas it cost $61 total with gratuity added, and the lagoon would have been better if there were fins provided for the snorkeling otherwise was good).

View All 329 Turtle Farm Reviews
Chankanaab National Park Tour

Flour was an amazing tour guide at the Chankanaab National Park Tour, she and her assistant guided those that wanted to snorkle through the reef, and we saw some awesome fish. The Sea Lion show was cute, and the lunch was edible (not anything to write home about). Overall it was a nice combo -- I didn't take part in the tequila tasting however heard from others on the excursion it was amazing with awesome homemade guacamole and the Mini Mayan Ruins were most informative. Overall it was a good excursion for my whole family Grandma and 2 young children 6 & 11 yrs old and myself 34 yrs.

They did have a photographer in the water when I snorkeled and they captured some cool pictures of myself and my daughter ($25 for 2 photos).

View All 256 Chankanaab National Park Tour Reviews