Lewis R. French Cruise Review

Loved this trip !!!!!

Lewis R. French Cruise Review by troward17

• Sail Date: Jul 2017
  • Destination: the USA

My wife and I heard about the beauty of Maine and decided to see it from the water. So, we took a 6 day windjammer cruise on the Lewis R. French, Camden, Maine. We chose this cruise because it was a personable size schooner with the right amount of people ,21. It is a National Historic Landmark, over 140 years old.

This itinerary is very laid back - a great chance to really disconnect from the everyday rush - and just relax. Watching birds, seals, the clouds, islands that we passed while sailing created a serene atmosphere. Captain Garth Wells was more than anyone could have hoped for in a captain. Affable, knowledgeable and capable, he and his crew made us feel very welcome on the well-maintained and beautiful Lewis R. French. Captain Wells even let me take over the helm . Just like the olden days ,being a pilot on a 140 year old windjammer. The crew was incredible - they worked to make sure we had everything we needed or wanted. Food was great - I couldn't believe the meals the chef prepared on a wood burning store in the ship's galley.

If you are a food and nature lover, you will love this trip. My only complaint is that the cruise ended.

troward17's Full Rating Summary